where to find config-pin?

Stephane Charette

Jun 22, 2016, 9:08:12 PM6/22/16
to BeagleBoard
I see some posts and examples that includes references to running config-pin.  But where is this tool?

root@bbg /# config-pin --help
fish: Unknown command 'config-pin'
root@bbg /# find / | grep -i -c config-pin
0

I'm running Robert C Nelson's Ubuntu 16.04 image on a BBG.

Stéphane

Greg

Jul 10, 2016, 5:54:22 PM7/10/16
to BeagleBoard
It's actually a shell script.
You can find it in this repository:

I'm not using Ubuntu, but on a Debian distro I copied the script to /usr/bin

Greg

William Hermans

Jul 10, 2016, 6:17:32 PM7/10/16
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
If you read the Makefile, the install path is right up at the top. Which as greg says I believe is /usr/bin/ . So Ubuntu, Debian, <insert whatever linux here > /usr/bin/ should work. However different distro's may have different permission restrictions on that executable path.

Anyway, what I did was this on the Beaglebone:

chmod +x config-pin
sudo cp ./config-pin /usr/bin/

And then you'll need to either run the script as root, sudo, or change permissions on the executable. Which I talk about some here: https://github.com/wphermans/Bonejs/blob/master/documentation/permissions.md

Charles Steinkuehler

Jul 10, 2016, 8:13:52 PM7/10/16
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On 7/10/2016 5:17 PM, William Hermans wrote:

> Anyway, what I did was this on the Beaglebone:
>
> wget
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cdsteinkuehler/beaglebone-universal-io/master/config-pin
> chmod +x config-pin
> sudo cp ./config-pin /usr/bin/

On most of RCN's recent images, the universal I/O github repo is
cloned into /opt/source, and a symlink is setup for configpin:

> machinekit@beaglebone:~$ which config-pin
> /usr/local/bin/config-pin
> machinekit@beaglebone:~$ ls -l /usr/local/bin/config-pin
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root staff 46 Feb 23 2015 /usr/local/bin/config-pin -> /opt/source/beaglebone-universal-io/config-pin

If you start with the (minimal) console images, you may need to set
this up yourself.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
cha...@steinkuehler.net

William Hermans

Jul 10, 2016, 10:10:05 PM7/10/16
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I do start off with minimal console images. But if I recall correctly Robert has all the stuff till there you need to git pull, in /opt/scripts/

William Hermans

Jul 10, 2016, 10:11:46 PM7/10/16
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Also, default paths for debian seems a bit wonky compared to what I'm used to, but easily change-able.

william@beaglebone:~/dev$ echo $PATH
/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games