A step backwards with bone-debian-8.4-lxqt-4gb-armhf-2016-05-13-4gb for tightvncserver

John Dammeyer

Oct 10, 2016, 9:04:57 PM10/10/16
to BeagleBoard
Debian 7.8 and the LXDE desktop work with tightvncserver, although a bit fuzzy compared to a Raspberry Pi3.  From 8.1 to 8.6 and the lxqt desktop the keyboard doesn't work.  The fix for GNOME doesn't have any effect.

Mala Dies

Apr 14, 2020, 5:25:05 PM4/14/20
to BeagleBoard
Hello,

Use sudo apt install xfce4.

Seth

set_

Nov 4, 2020, 9:57:50 PM11/4/20
to BeagleBoard
Hello,

I was researching ideas. I found this post from years ago. Look here for promoting keyboard usage on the BBB with different vncserver viewers: dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration

That command should allow you to fix the basic keyboard config. for your system.

Seth

P.S. Also, if it is too late, '16 to '20, I understand.