My BBB doesn't turn on when connecting usb

Ahmad Fatehi

Oct 8, 2017, 3:27:30 AM10/8/17
to BeagleBoard

Hello, I used my beaglebone black for a while with usb power. Once I decide to test it with battery and switched it on with a Li-Ion battery and it switched on.But after that when I connect usb to board it doesn't power up and led power blinks! and to run board I first should connect battery to it and it powers up and then I disconnect battery and it continues to run without battery and through usb! How can I solve this problem so that it can run without need to connect battery!?
Message has been deleted

Ahmad Fatehi

Oct 9, 2017, 7:39:04 AM10/9/17
to BeagleBoard
No one to reply??!!

Gerald Coley

Oct 9, 2017, 8:06:59 AM10/9/17
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

The flashing LED indicates that the PMIC is shutting down due to a excess amount of current on power up.  Sitting here, I can't recommend a fix as I would need to look at the board to understand the issue. This is not an issue I have run into before.

You could try running it off the DC jack and see what happens there.

Gerald

Ahmad Fatehi

Oct 9, 2017, 9:12:59 AM10/9/17
to BeagleBoard
The same happens when connecting DC jack! I must switch on the board by using battery and then disconnect battery to run with usb or adapter power!

Gerald Coley

Oct 9, 2017, 10:02:51 AM10/9/17
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

OK! So, something has to be repaired on the board! You need to get it repaired!