BBB Booting using GPMC Interface and Resetting eMMC lines

mohit hada

Aug 7, 2015, 5:20:33 AM8/7/15
to BeagleBoard

Hi,

I have heard in lot of community blogs and posts that in order to boot BBB using GPMC interface, reset the eMMC and then use GPMC Interface.

Can some on tell me :-

1) How to do it using bare metal programming such as starterware? Can there be some conceptual help in this?

2) What will be the sysboot configuration? How will I access eMMC interface for resetting when the boot configuration will be using XIP?

I do not want to remove on board eMMC as this is a very small experiment for us.

Please help.

Regards.

Karl Karpfen

Aug 18, 2015, 4:35:36 AM8/18/15
to BeagleBoard

Am Freitag, 7. August 2015 11:20:33 UTC+2 schrieb mohit hada:

Hi,

I have heard in lot of community blogs and posts that in order to boot BBB using GPMC interface, reset the eMMC and then use GPMC Interface.

This does not make sense for me - do you have a link to such a blog post to let me see the exact text?