CAUTION: musb: Babble Interrupt Occurred

jez...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2013, 11:42:09 AM8/31/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I'm using my Beaglebone Black with a USB temperature sensor. It works very well, however I noticed monitoring stopped last night after roughly 35 days uptime. This morning I looked more closely into the log file and noticed:

kernel: [2892926.929555] CAUTION: musb: Babble Interrupt Occurred

I wasn't able to successfully reset the USB device and before I was able to restart the BBB stopped responding. I power-cycled it and it was back to normal again. Any ideas what caused this kernel message?

matt...@live.com

Sep 6, 2013, 4:13:36 AM9/6/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, jez...@gmail.com
Exactly same thing happen to me.
USB sensor, beagleboneblack running for 10 days and today I found it in a 5h loop "CAUTION: musb: Babble Interrupt Occurred", then it restart.

Any ideas?

Brent

Sep 12, 2013, 10:43:27 PM9/12/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, jez...@gmail.com, matt...@live.com
You could try this patch... it may help with the Babble Interrupt errors.  I haven't tried it myself, but I hope to tomorrow.

Rune B. Kalleberg

Oct 23, 2013, 6:01:04 PM10/23/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, jez...@gmail.com, matt...@live.com
Have you confirmed that this patch works? I'm running Debian Wheezy and getting the same issue myself. Wifi dongle drops out and will not come back up unless i power cycle.
Would this kernel fix work with Debian? Or just Anstrom?

I often get another message as well:
[92458.978265] CAUTION: musb: Babble Interrupt Occurred
[92459.049531]  gadget: high-speed config #1: Multifunction with RNDIS

These two almost always travel in pairs. Sometimes multiples of them will appear.
Running an rtl819cu wifi chipset. The one adafruit sells.

Robert Nelson

Oct 23, 2013, 6:05:01 PM10/23/13
to Beagle Board
On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Rune B. Kalleberg <gre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you confirmed that this patch works?

That patch was first enabled with the "3.8.13-bone28" release..

> I'm running Debian Wheezy and
> getting the same issue myself. Wifi dongle drops out and will not come back
> up unless i power cycle.
> Would this kernel fix work with Debian? Or just Anstrom?
>
> I often get another message as well:
> [92458.978265] CAUTION: musb: Babble Interrupt Occurred
> [92459.049531] gadget: high-speed config #1: Multifunction with RNDIS
>
> These two almost always travel in pairs. Sometimes multiples of them will
> appear.
> Running an rtl819cu wifi chipset. The one adafruit sells.

Btw, as long as you are not using any capes, you can also give
v3.12-rc6 a try as usb seems to be working a lot better with these
wifi devices..

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/

Rune

Oct 24, 2013, 2:17:01 AM10/24/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
That's what I'm running, so then maybe that's not the answer :)

Any other ideas as to why the USB drops out?

Regards,
Rune

p...@ideos.com

Oct 28, 2013, 5:58:49 PM10/28/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I've got the same 'CAUTION: musb: Babble Interrupt Occurred' error in dmesg. Running the latest Angstrom on the Black with a Symbol DS457 attached.

Brent C. Sink

Oct 28, 2013, 8:44:43 PM10/28/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Not surprised. I've had all sorts of problems with USB when using a hub chip. It all seems to point to a software/driver glitch. I really wish I could help out to fix it, but I'm more of an application developer.

Juanjo

Oct 28, 2013, 8:58:01 PM10/28/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I have a powered USB hub "Plugable" branded. Every time I plug it on my bones I got the Babble Interrupt.

Philippe Laurent

Oct 29, 2013, 9:35:48 AM10/29/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Ditto here, application/solutions developer skills, not driver/kernel stuff.

This 'CAUTION: musb: Babble Interrupt Occurred' error is an unfortunate deal-breaker for me, and that's a real shame considering that we were going to deploy ~28+ of these for our factory automation needs. The form-factor is a tremendous asset, and it's ability to leverage python and external resources is spot-on.

Would easily pay for a solution to get this resolved.

Bekir Bahadir

Oct 30, 2013, 9:51:30 AM10/30/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, jez...@gmail.com
Same problem here. Im also willing to pay for a solution

Philippe Laurent

Nov 1, 2013, 1:13:09 PM11/1/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, jez...@gmail.com
I resolved my issue by installing and using Ubuntu 13.04 on the BBB. It's been up and running the python scanning script for over 24 hours, which is roughly 23 hours longer than it has before. I used the instructions at http://shrkey.com/setting-up-beaglebone-black-to-boot-off-the-microsd-card/ to get the installation squared away.

Philippe Laurent

Nov 2, 2013, 12:32:03 PM11/2/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, jez...@gmail.com
Crap. On third reboot (full power off/on), the device is experiencing the same musb: Babble Interrupt error as before.

So... this is a hardware issue? The BBB is powered by a separate adapter (not USB), so power shouldn't be the problem.

Philippe Laurent

Nov 4, 2013, 10:12:53 AM11/4/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, jez...@gmail.com
A few more updates. I've read in a number of other locations that this might be due to a grounding issue or a power draw issue. Starting with tackling the power draw issue, it appears that the system bus outputs different power to the USB device depending on its CPU throttling status. The lower the CPU speed, the (slightly) lower the USB output.

Still using Ubuntu 13.04, I've removed both the S99ondemand startup script from the rc2.d folder, as well as placed the line "

echo 'on' | tee /sys/bus/usb/devices/usb1/power/control" in the /etc/rc.local script (no quotes) to try and mitigate the issue. The former, from what I understand, keeps the CPU running at full speed, and does not let it slow down based on demand, the latter works to keep USB power on to the port at all times, rather than letting the BBB decide whether to power it off/on.

At this point, the BBB has not thrown any more Babble errors through multiple power off/on events, nor through any extensive scanning or quiet time.

Of note, there may also be some merit in the grounding issue, as walking across the floor and then touching the BBB case will occasionally cause the Babble issue to appear and the Symbol device to power off. The device is connected to a DC power supply, but there is no grounding plug with the brick, so it stands to reason that the device is not grounded.

Hope this helps someone... although I'm sure that at this point I have no concrete solutions to the problem.

Juanjo

Nov 5, 2013, 9:42:55 AM11/5/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, jez...@gmail.com
In my case I have a cape that connects via USB (besides the usual headers). And I have a TP on VBUS, sometimes just inserting a tester on the test point generates a Babble Interrupt.

Mine isn't properly grounded.

You can always check the governor and cpu frequency with:

juanjo@balin:~$ cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
ondemand
juanjo@balin:~$ cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq
300000

Philippe Laurent

Nov 14, 2013, 1:05:20 PM11/14/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, jez...@gmail.com
Bummer, despite all of the research, the musb: Babble Interrrupt issue continues to plague. In the hopes that there's a hardware dev out there listening. The board I'm using is A5C.

Ulf Samuelsson

Nov 16, 2013, 12:39:56 AM11/16/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, jez...@gmail.com
Work as an independent linux consultant, and I think I can fix this problem.
Offered TI to do this, but they said it would be fixed in 3.12, so no interest.
Well, 3.12 is here and no fix as far as I can see in the code.
I estimate 2 days work to fix with testing.

/ulf

Philippe Laurent

Nov 20, 2013, 11:56:58 AM11/20/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, jez...@gmail.com
Ulf, many thanks for the mention. If I hit the last brick wall, I'll hire you to make the fix available.

Meanwhile, some interesting developments. Curious about the grounding conversation, I removed the BBB from the metal case in which it was enclosed, and placed it on a non-conductive mat. Powered it on with the scanner attached, and it works as it should. BUT, I have not had the Babble Interrupt issue again. Even handling the bare board, the USB wire, the scanner, all of which might have triggered the interrupt before, the scanner continues to work. After 2 days, and still no interruption, I power-cycled the BBB, and again, it has run perfectly with no interruptions for another 2 days, even with the continued attempts to cause the interrupts to occur. By now, I would have had easily a dozen Babble Interrupts with the metal case.

I'm going to restore the ondemand startup script and power control settings to 'normal' and continue testing.

Ulf Samuelsson

Nov 20, 2013, 1:13:23 PM11/20/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, beagl...@googlegroups.com, jez...@gmail.com
What happens if you remove the scanner, and plug it in again?

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson

Philippe Laurent

Nov 20, 2013, 4:15:52 PM11/20/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

The scanner does not power back on if disconnected. The BBB has to be power cycled before the scanner is usable.

The relevant DMESG entries are below:

[15104.176465] hub 1-0:1.0: state 7 ports 1 chg 0000 evt 0002
[15104.176536] hub 1-0:1.0: port 1, status 0100, change 0001, 12 Mb/s
[15104.176555] usb 1-1: USB disconnect, device number 2
[15104.176566] usb 1-1: unregistering device
[15104.176579] usb 1-1: unregistering interface 1-1:1.0
[15104.176809] musb-hdrc musb-hdrc.1.auto: shutdown urb df5da6c0 ep1in-intr
[15104.177785] usb 1-1: usb_disable_device nuking all URBs
[15104.290606] hub 1-0:1.0: debounce: port 1: total 100ms stable 100ms status 0x100
[15104.290694] hub 1-0:1.0: hub_suspend
[15104.290724] usb usb1: bus auto-suspend, wakeup 1

Ulf Samuelsson

Nov 20, 2013, 5:48:32 PM11/20/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
2013-11-20 22:15, Philippe Laurent skrev:

The scanner does not power back on if disconnected. The BBB has to be power cycled before the scanner is usable.

The relevant DMESG entries are below:

[15104.176465] hub 1-0:1.0: state 7 ports 1 chg 0000 evt 0002
[15104.176536] hub 1-0:1.0: port 1, status 0100, change 0001, 12 Mb/s
[15104.176555] usb 1-1: USB disconnect, device number 2
[15104.176566] usb 1-1: unregistering device
[15104.176579] usb 1-1: unregistering interface 1-1:1.0
[15104.176809] musb-hdrc musb-hdrc.1.auto: shutdown urb df5da6c0 ep1in-intr
[15104.177785] usb 1-1: usb_disable_device nuking all URBs
[15104.290606] hub 1-0:1.0: debounce: port 1: total 100ms stable 100ms status 0x100
[15104.290694] hub 1-0:1.0: hub_suspend
[15104.290724] usb usb1: bus auto-suspend, wakeup 1

So you have to make sure that you are never disconnected due to noise.
But you didnt get the dabble interrupt, right?

If not, then there are two problems.
BR
Ulf
--
Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson

troy....@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2013, 5:58:34 PM12/1/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, jez...@gmail.com
I have two thumb drives same manufacture, different models.  One drive I can insert and it mounts just fine with a udev rule. I can take that drive in and out as many times as I like and it always mounts and unmounts.  The other drive will lock up the Host,  I can reset it by reading \dev\bus\usb\001\001 file.  Curious why one drive works all the time and the other fails, I put an Oscilloscope on the USB host Power P3-p1,  noticed a small voltage 250mv sag when inserting the drive that always works,  the drive that always fails has a dip of 1V.  I placed a 10V 150uF Tantalum capacitor between U8 Pins 6,7 & 8 and ground to stiffen up the rail. now both drives work without fail.  Hope this helps.

troy

APRichelieu

Dec 2, 2013, 7:23:13 AM12/2/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, jez...@gmail.com

Den lördagen den 31:e augusti 2013 kl. 17:42:09 UTC+2 skrev jez...@gmail.com:

I set up a crowd-funding project on

http://igg.me/at/eMagii/x/5581172

for people that wants to have USB host hot-plugging on the Beaglebone Black

Philippe Laurent

Dec 2, 2013, 3:53:39 PM12/2/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I've ponied up for the $125 donation. Gotta have this running right.

bko...@scanimetrics.com

Dec 9, 2013, 5:57:56 PM12/9/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I've also put in $125 and must say that I haven't had any troubles since using Ulf's kernel.

Thanks Ulf

troy....@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2013, 10:02:23 AM12/21/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, jez...@gmail.com, troy....@gmail.com
Using a usb extention cable also fixes my issue with thumbdrive.

Brent

Dec 23, 2013, 2:26:20 PM12/23/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Where do I go to get Ulf's kernel?  I would like to test but I don't know where to look.  Is there a patch somewhere that I missed?

APRichelieu

Dec 23, 2013, 6:33:20 PM12/23/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Den måndagen den 23:e december 2013 kl. 20:26:20 UTC+1 skrev Brent:
> Where do I go to get Ulf's kernel?  I would like to test but I don't know where to look.  Is there a patch somewhere that I missed?

Check The http://igg.me link in your post.

Brent C. Sink

Dec 23, 2013, 7:03:16 PM12/23/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Ok, got it.  I need to contribute to try it out.  Here is my problem, and I would like to hear if this solves it.  I have a hub that uses the SMSC 2512 hub chip (USB2512QFN36).  Mass storage devices work as long as it's inserted at power up.  Any hot plugging after boot will not work.  Does your kernel fix this problem?

Also, I have some other items in the kernel that I need enabled.  If I contribute $50 or $125 I only get whatever you built into your kernel... right?  Could I give you my .config and you build it?
--
-brent

APRichelieu

Dec 24, 2013, 3:04:10 AM12/24/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Den tisdagen den 24:e december 2013 kl. 01:03:16 UTC+1 skrev Brent:
> Ok, got it.  I need to contribute to try it out.  Here is my problem, and I would like to hear if this solves it.  I have a hub that uses the SMSC 2512 hub chip (USB2512QFN36).  Mass storage devices work as long as it's inserted at power up.  Any hot plugging after boot will not work.  Does your kernel fix this problem?

What I find with the standard kernel, is that if You have a hub inserted at boot time, you can hot-plug stuff using the hub. If you remove the hub then you have to reset the device.
If you have a device inserted at boot, it is detected and is functional.
If you remove it after the boot and reinsert it, it is no longer detected.
For some devices, removal will crash the kernel within a minute.

With my patched kernel, I can remove hub and / or devices and have them be detected and functional after boot, and can do this multiple times.
Tested with a mouse, keyboard, USB Serial and Hub.

> Also, I have some other items in the kernel that I need enabled.  If I contribute $50 or $125 I only get whatever you built into your kernel... right?  Could I give you my .config and you build it?

My idea was $50 will get you a root file system without source.
$100 will get you the rootfs, and then you get an Angstrom layer which builds
the kernel with the patches after the end of the campaign.
You can start with the binary, and if you want source, chip in another $100 later,
but this will be more expensive than getting the $100 perk.

Obviously, once someone get the source, they have every right to publish it
according to the GPL, including the right not to ship it.
I will proably do that myself at some stage, so the perks essentially buys you time.

The $125 is my hourly rate for any extra work, so you need to select an option
above, and then an additional $125.
1 extra hour should be sufficient for rebuilding the kernel.

Robert Nelson

Dec 24, 2013, 8:18:26 AM12/24/13
to Beagle Board

On Dec 24, 2013 2:04 AM, "APRichelieu" <apric...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Den tisdagen den 24:e december 2013 kl. 01:03:16 UTC+1 skrev Brent:
> > Ok, got it.  I need to contribute to try it out.  Here is my problem, and I would like to hear if this solves it.  I have a hub that uses the SMSC 2512 hub chip (USB2512QFN36).  Mass storage devices work as long as it's inserted at power up.  Any hot plugging after boot will not work.  Does your kernel fix this problem?
>
> What I find with the standard kernel, is that if You have a hub inserted at boot time, you can hot-plug stuff using the hub. If you remove the hub then you have to reset the device.
> If you have a device inserted at boot, it is detected and is functional.
> If you remove it after the boot and reinsert it, it is no longer detected.
> For some devices, removal will crash the kernel within a minute.
>
> With my patched kernel, I can remove hub and / or devices and have them be detected and functional after boot, and can do this multiple times.
> Tested with a mouse, keyboard, USB Serial and Hub.
>

> > Also, I have some other items in the kernel that I need enabled.  If I contribute $50 or $125 I only get whatever you built into your kernel... right?  Could I give you my .config and you build it?
>
> My idea was $50 will get you a root file system without source.

'Without source' go read the GPL again...

> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BeagleBoard" group.

APRichelieu

Dec 24, 2013, 10:36:49 AM12/24/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Den tisdagen den 24:e december 2013 kl. 14:18:26 UTC+1 skrev RobertCNelson:
> On Dec 24, 2013 2:04 AM, "APRichelieu" <apric...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Den tisdagen den 24:e december 2013 kl. 01:03:16 UTC+1 skrev Brent:
>
> > > Ok, got it.  I need to contribute to try it out.  Here is my problem, and I would like to hear if this solves it.  I have a hub that uses the SMSC 2512 hub chip (USB2512QFN36).  Mass storage devices work as long as it's inserted at power up.  Any hot plugging after boot will not work.  Does your kernel fix this problem?
>

> > What I find with the standard kernel, is that if You have a hub inserted at boot time, you can hot-plug stuff using the hub. If you remove the hub then you have to reset the device.
>
> > If you have a device inserted at boot, it is detected and is functional.
>
> > If you remove it after the boot and reinsert it, it is no longer detected.
>
> > For some devices, removal will crash the kernel within a minute.
>

> > With my patched kernel, I can remove hub and / or devices and have them be detected and functional after boot, and can do this multiple times.
>
> > Tested with a mouse, keyboard, USB Serial and Hub.
>

> > > Also, I have some other items in the kernel that I need enabled.  If I contribute $50 or $125 I only get whatever you built into your kernel... right?  Could I give you my .config and you build it?
>

> > My idea was $50 will get you a root file system without source.
>
> 'Without source' go read the GPL again...

A lot of products ship equipment with binaries only, but they must make an offer to ship the source to anyone receiving a binary as well, which I do.
It is possible to charge for both binaries and sources according to the GPL.
The amount is up to the vendor.
There is actually a possible violation of the GPL since you should not charge more for the source code, than for the binary. Only discovered tt fter the campaign was set up and if anyone complains, I will settle that directly in a GPL compliant way.
Cannot change the deal right now, due to the rules of IndieGoGo.

Anyway, if I release the source after the campaign, then that settles everything.

Robert Nelson

Dec 24, 2013, 10:53:11 AM12/24/13
to Beagle Board
>> 'Without source' go read the GPL again...
>>
> A lot of products ship equipment with binaries only, but they must make an offer to ship the source to anyone receiving a binary as well, which I do.
> It is possible to charge for both binaries and sources according to the GPL.

I'm not arguing that point...

Read again what you wrote:

> My idea was $50 will get you a root file system without source.

That's a pure violation...

Brent C. Sink

Dec 24, 2013, 11:42:02 AM12/24/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I don't have any problem with your hourly rate, but I'm not confident your patched kernel will fix my problem.  Here's why... I bought the SMSC evaluation kit for the 2512 chip that supports two downstream ports.  I plug it into the BBB and it recognizes it.  Any mass storage device that I have plugged in at boot works just fine.  If I unplug the device and plug it back in to the hub while running, I get the Babble Interrupt error.

I've read that devices plugged into hubs work just fine, but it's definitely not the case for me and the SMSC 2512 chip.  Where are you located at?  I'm tempted to send you one of my SMSC evaluation kits and have you try it on your end.

APRichelieu

Dec 24, 2013, 2:36:23 PM12/24/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Kernel is released under GPLv2 and this allows me to ship object code with an offer to ship source code for the cost of distribution. I believe that this is what I an doing.

Apparently there are several variants og GPLv2, but I am using the contents of the COPYING
file in the kernel source which claims that this is *the* version to use if in doubt.
I have seen other versions, which seems to support your interpretation.

I do want to comply, so if you find that I am violating anything in the COPYING file,
then please point out the paragraph.

/ulf

APRichelieu

Dec 24, 2013, 5:56:18 PM12/24/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Den tisdagen den 24:e december 2013 kl. 17:42:02 UTC+1 skrev Brent:
> I don't have any problem with your hourly rate, but I'm not confident your patched kernel will fix my problem.  Here's why... I bought the SMSC evaluation kit for the 2512 chip that supports two downstream ports.  I plug it into the BBB and it recognizes it.  Any mass storage device that I have plugged in at boot works just fine.  If I unplug the device and plug it back in to the hub while running, I get the Babble Interrupt error.

The babble Interrupt may still occur, but so far the devices still seems to be detected on a patched kernel.

Before sending anything, I should probably test locally.
If it doesnt work, then there may be other things that need to change in the driver.
If it does work, I would be happy to test your devkit.

Live in Stockholm, Sweden.

Kangyin Su

Jan 20, 2014, 10:07:21 AM1/20/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, jez...@gmail.com
The following codes can workaround that...

#!/bin/sh

echo "on" > /sys/bus/usb/devices/usb1/power/control

while [ 1 ]; do
    cat /dev/bus/usb/001/001 > /dev/null
    sleep 5
    cat /dev/bus/usb/001/002 > /dev/null
    sleep 5
done

Bryan Pirtle

Jan 20, 2014, 11:33:29 AM1/20/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, jez...@gmail.com
I am getting this same issue on my new BBB running ubuntu saucy 13.10.  My FTDI peripheral loads up and works fine for ahile, but then the babble interrupt inevitably comes, and nothing I do can allow the system to recover.  Is there anything I can change to be able to recover from this without hard rebooting the system (Only thing that fixes it right now)?

I have also tried these commands where usb 1-1 is the port in question on my system:

echo '1-1' |sudo tee /sys/bus/usb/drivers/usb/unbind
echo '1-1' |sudo tee /sys/bus/usb/drivers/usb/bind

and it seems to be trying to reset, but it fails with error -110.  Any ideas what that might be?

Transcript of dmesg when I try to debug it and reset the usb port after Babble Interrupt:

[12624.364551] musb_host_rx 1717: Rx interrupt with no errors or packet!
[12633.120879] CAUTION: musb: Babble Interrupt Occurred
[42284.311147] usb 1-1: unregistering interface 1-1:1.0
[42284.318828] ftdi_sio ttyUSB0: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now disconnected from ttyUSB0
[42284.319153] ftdi_sio 1-1:1.0: device disconnected
[42284.319505] usb 1-1: usb_disable_device nuking non-ep0 URBs
[42289.318728] usb 1-1: tee timed out on ep0out len=0/0
[42294.243524] usb 1-1: usb_probe_device
[42294.243594] usb 1-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
[42299.242612] usb 1-1: tee timed out on ep0out len=0/0
[42299.242711] usb 1-1: can't set config #1, error -110

Dan Lipsitt

Jan 24, 2014, 8:23:37 PM1/24/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Ulf, does your kernel patch interrupt data streams? In other words, for example, if I'm running a webcam and I hotplug another device, will data transfers from the webcam be affected?

Ulf Samuelsson

Jan 25, 2014, 3:33:17 AM1/25/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I do no think the problem exists if you have a hub connected and try to hotplug using the hub.
The patch is then not needed.

Have you seen this happening?

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson

25 jan 2014 kl. 02:23 skrev Dan Lipsitt <d...@typeamachines.com>:

Ulf, does your kernel patch interrupt data streams? In other words, for example, if I'm running a webcam and I hotplug another device, will data transfers from the webcam be affected?

Renato Riolino

May 13, 2014, 9:04:24 AM5/13/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, jez...@gmail.com
Hi!

I'm having this same issue with my BeagleBone Black.  I have an USB keyboard connected direct on the beagle's usb port and I'm using ubuntu 13.04 with kernel 3.12.

After some random amount of time, the keyboard stop working and the only thing I see on dmesg is:

CAUTION: musb: Babble Interrupt Occurred

If I remove keyboard, nothing appears on dmesg and even with the keyboard removed, if I do a lsusb it still shows up as been connected. The only way to get it working again is doing a full reboot.

I've already tried to do things like:

echo 'on' > /sys/bus/usb/devices/usb1/power/control

on rc.local and to make a script that keeps on a infinite loop doing a cat on /proc/bus/usb/xxx/yyy, but the problem persist.

Thanks

Renato

Cody Lacey

May 13, 2014, 11:19:42 AM5/13/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
What version of the 3.12 kernel do you have?  The latest version of the 3.12 kernel should have a patch that fixes that problem.

Renato Riolino

May 13, 2014, 12:38:12 PM5/13/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
My kernel is:

3.12.3-00082-g6cf1f10-dirty

I tried kernel 3.13 and 3.14 but they didn't worked for me because I need capemanager.

Thanks

Robert Nelson

May 13, 2014, 12:39:42 PM5/13/14
to Beagle Board
On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Renato Riolino
<renato.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My kernel is:
>
> 3.12.3-00082-g6cf1f10-dirty
>
> I tried kernel 3.13 and 3.14 but they didn't worked for me because I need
> capemanager.

No one is really support the capemgr in v3.12.x, nor does it really work.

Renato Riolino

May 13, 2014, 1:06:39 PM5/13/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Very strange, because I have capemanager working here:

ubuntu@arm:~$ uname -a
Linux arm 3.12.3-00082-g6cf1f10-dirty #1 SMP Fri Dec 6 11:44:27 BRST 2013 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

ubuntu@arm:~$ cat /sys/devices/bone_capemgr.6/slots
 0: 54:PF---
 1: 55:PF---
 2: 56:PF---
 3: 57:PF---
 5: ff:P-O-L Override Board Name,00A0,Override Manuf,NEO-UART0
 6: ff:P-O-L Override Board Name,00A0,Override Manuf,NEO-UART1-485
 7: ff:P-O-L Override Board Name,00A0,Override Manuf,NEO-UART2
 8: ff:P-O-L Override Board Name,00A0,Override Manuf,NEO-UART3
 9: ff:P-O-L Override Board Name,00A0,Override Manuf,NEO-UART4
10: ff:P-O-L Override Board Name,00A0,Override Manuf,NEO-UART5

ubuntu@arm:~$ dmesg | grep capemgr
[    0.000000] Kernel command line: console= fixrtc capemgr.enable_partno=NEO-UART0,NEO-UART1-485,NEO-UART2,NEO-UART3,NEO-UART4,NEO-UART5 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 ro rootfstype=ext4 rootwait
[    0.184969] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: Baseboard: 'A335BNLT,0A5C,3313BBBK0501'
[    0.184996] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: compatible-baseboard=ti,beaglebone-black
[    0.222939] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #0: No cape found
[    0.262936] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #1: No cape found
[    0.302934] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #2: No cape found
[    0.342933] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #3: No cape found
[    0.342977] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #4: specific override
[    0.343004] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: bone: Using override eeprom data at slot 4
[    0.343020] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #4: 'Bone-LT-eMMC-2G,00A0,Texas Instrument,BB-BONE-EMMC-2G'
[    0.343102] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: enabled_partno part_number 'NEO-UART0', version 'N/A'
[    0.343114] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #5: generic override
[    0.343126] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: bone: Using override eeprom data at slot 5
[    0.343141] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #5: 'Override Board Name,00A0,Override Manuf,NEO-UART0'
[    0.343207] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: enabled_partno part_number 'NEO-UART1-485', version 'N/A'
[    0.343220] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #6: generic override
[    0.343231] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: bone: Using override eeprom data at slot 6
[    0.343247] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #6: 'Override Board Name,00A0,Override Manuf,NEO-UART1-485'
[    0.343307] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: enabled_partno part_number 'NEO-UART2', version 'N/A'
[    0.343320] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #7: generic override
[    0.343331] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: bone: Using override eeprom data at slot 7
[    0.343346] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #7: 'Override Board Name,00A0,Override Manuf,NEO-UART2'
[    0.343414] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: enabled_partno part_number 'NEO-UART3', version 'N/A'
[    0.343429] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #8: generic override
[    0.343442] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: bone: Using override eeprom data at slot 8
[    0.343457] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #8: 'Override Board Name,00A0,Override Manuf,NEO-UART3'
[    0.343529] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: enabled_partno part_number 'NEO-UART4', version 'N/A'
[    0.343542] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #9: generic override
[    0.343554] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: bone: Using override eeprom data at slot 9
[    0.343569] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #9: 'Override Board Name,00A0,Override Manuf,NEO-UART4'
[    0.343630] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: enabled_partno part_number 'NEO-UART5', version 'N/A'
[    0.343643] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #10: generic override
[    0.343655] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: bone: Using override eeprom data at slot 10
[    0.343670] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #10: 'Override Board Name,00A0,Override Manuf,NEO-UART5'
[    0.344028] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: before slot-4 BB-BONE-EMMC-2G:00A0 (prio 1)
[    0.344044] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: check slot-4 BB-BONE-EMMC-2G:00A0 (prio 1)
[    0.344128] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: before slot-5 NEO-UART0:00A0 (prio 0)
[    0.344141] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: check slot-5 NEO-UART0:00A0 (prio 0)
[    0.344222] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: before slot-6 NEO-UART1-485:00A0 (prio 0)
[    0.344236] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: check slot-6 NEO-UART1-485:00A0 (prio 0)
[    0.344315] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: before slot-7 NEO-UART2:00A0 (prio 0)
[    0.344330] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: check slot-7 NEO-UART2:00A0 (prio 0)
[    0.344405] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: before slot-8 NEO-UART3:00A0 (prio 0)
[    0.344418] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: check slot-8 NEO-UART3:00A0 (prio 0)
[    0.344496] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: before slot-9 NEO-UART4:00A0 (prio 0)
[    0.344509] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: check slot-9 NEO-UART4:00A0 (prio 0)
[    0.344548] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: initialized OK.
[    0.347060] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: check slot-4 BB-BONE-EMMC-2G:00A0 (prio 1)
[    0.347100] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: after slot-5 NEO-UART0:00A0 (prio 0)
[    0.347115] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #5: Requesting part number/version based 'NEO-UART0-00A0.dtbo
[    0.347133] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #5: Requesting firmware 'NEO-UART0-00A0.dtbo' for board-name 'Override Board Name', version '00A0'
[    0.347405] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: after slot-6 NEO-UART1-485:00A0 (prio 0)
[    0.347438] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: after slot-7 NEO-UART2:00A0 (prio 0)
[    0.347463] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: after slot-8 NEO-UART3:00A0 (prio 0)
[    0.347484] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: after slot-9 NEO-UART4:00A0 (prio 0)
[    0.350275] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: before slot-10 NEO-UART5:00A0 (prio 0)
[    0.350291] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: check slot-10 NEO-UART5:00A0 (prio 0)
[    0.350309] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: after slot-10 NEO-UART5:00A0 (prio 0)
[    3.884455] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #5: dtbo 'NEO-UART0-00A0.dtbo' loaded; converting to live tree
[    3.884665] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #5: #2 overlays
[    3.885562] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #6: Requesting part number/version based 'NEO-UART1-485-00A0.dtbo
[    3.885584] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #6: Requesting firmware 'NEO-UART1-485-00A0.dtbo' for board-name 'Override Board Name', version '00A0'
[    3.886898] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #6: dtbo 'NEO-UART1-485-00A0.dtbo' loaded; converting to live tree
[    3.887238] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #6: #2 overlays
[    3.888249] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #7: Requesting part number/version based 'NEO-UART2-00A0.dtbo
[    3.888272] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #7: Requesting firmware 'NEO-UART2-00A0.dtbo' for board-name 'Override Board Name', version '00A0'
[    3.889736] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #7: dtbo 'NEO-UART2-00A0.dtbo' loaded; converting to live tree
[    3.889962] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #7: #2 overlays
[    3.890459] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #8: Requesting part number/version based 'NEO-UART3-00A0.dtbo
[    3.890481] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #8: Requesting firmware 'NEO-UART3-00A0.dtbo' for board-name 'Override Board Name', version '00A0'
[    3.891816] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #8: dtbo 'NEO-UART3-00A0.dtbo' loaded; converting to live tree
[    3.892023] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #8: #2 overlays
[    3.892787] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #9: Requesting part number/version based 'NEO-UART4-00A0.dtbo
[    3.892806] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #9: Requesting firmware 'NEO-UART4-00A0.dtbo' for board-name 'Override Board Name', version '00A0'
[    3.894528] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #9: dtbo 'NEO-UART4-00A0.dtbo' loaded; converting to live tree
[    3.894760] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #9: #2 overlays
[    3.895368] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #10: Requesting part number/version based 'NEO-UART5-00A0.dtbo
[    3.895389] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #10: Requesting firmware 'NEO-UART5-00A0.dtbo' for board-name 'Override Board Name', version '00A0'
[    3.896831] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #10: dtbo 'NEO-UART5-00A0.dtbo' loaded; converting to live tree
[    3.897076] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #10: #2 overlays
[    3.906307] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #6: Applied #2 overlays.
[    3.906325] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: done slot-6 NEO-UART1-485:00A0 (prio 0)
[    3.906359] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: check slot-4 BB-BONE-EMMC-2G:00A0 (prio 1)
[    3.908897] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #8: Applied #2 overlays.
[    3.908916] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: done slot-8 NEO-UART3:00A0 (prio 0)
[    3.908949] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: check slot-4 BB-BONE-EMMC-2G:00A0 (prio 1)
[    3.909411] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #7: Applied #2 overlays.
[    3.909429] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: done slot-7 NEO-UART2:00A0 (prio 0)
[    3.909534] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: check slot-4 BB-BONE-EMMC-2G:00A0 (prio 1)
[    3.909842] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #5: Applied #2 overlays.
[    3.909857] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: done slot-5 NEO-UART0:00A0 (prio 0)
[    3.909934] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: check slot-4 BB-BONE-EMMC-2G:00A0 (prio 1)
[    3.911658] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #10: Applied #2 overlays.
[    3.911674] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: done slot-10 NEO-UART5:00A0 (prio 0)
[    3.911800] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: check slot-4 BB-BONE-EMMC-2G:00A0 (prio 1)
[    3.911858] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #9: Applied #2 overlays.
[    3.911871] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: done slot-9 NEO-UART4:00A0 (prio 0)
[    3.911897] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: check slot-4 BB-BONE-EMMC-2G:00A0 (prio 1)
[    3.911913] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: after slot-4 BB-BONE-EMMC-2G:00A0 (prio 1)
[    3.911925] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #4: Requesting part number/version based 'BB-BONE-EMMC-2G-00A0.dtbo
[    3.911943] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: slot #4: Requesting firmware 'BB-BONE-EMMC-2G-00A0.dtbo' for board-name 'Bone-LT-eMMC-2G', version '00A0'
[    5.683930] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: failed to load firmware 'BB-BONE-EMMC-2G-00A0.dtbo'
[    5.683957] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.6: loader: failed to load slot-4 BB-BONE-EMMC-2G:00A0 (prio 1)

Robert Nelson

May 13, 2014, 1:08:49 PM5/13/14
to Beagle Board
On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Renato Riolino
<renato.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Very strange, because I have capemanager working here:

It works fine with the usarts, but lcd/spi/pwm it blows up pretty quickly..

If all you need is the usarts, we have a custom dtb for v3.14.x for you.

Renato Riolino

May 13, 2014, 1:20:54 PM5/13/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I use a LCD connected via gpio ( setting the gpio pins thru /sys/class/gpio ) and a DS1307 realtime clock via i2c.

Do they work too on kernel 3.14?  Could you point me to the 3.14 kernel and the custom dtb for usart?  I need all usarts availables and UART1 needs to be 485.

[]'s

Renato

Robert Nelson

May 13, 2014, 3:08:13 PM5/13/14
to Beagle Board
On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Renato Riolino
<renato.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I use a LCD connected via gpio ( setting the gpio pins thru /sys/class/gpio
> ) and a DS1307 realtime clock via i2c.
>
> Do they work too on kernel 3.14? Could you point me to the 3.14 kernel and
> the custom dtb for usart? I need all usarts availables and UART1 needs to
> be 485.

So the best i can do today on 3.14/3.15 would be:

#include "am335x-boneblack.dts"

&uart1 {
pinctrl-names = "default";
pinctrl-0 = <&uart1_pins>;

status = "okay";
};

&uart2 {
pinctrl-names = "default";
pinctrl-0 = <&uart2_pins>;

status = "okay";
};

&uart4 {
pinctrl-names = "default";
pinctrl-0 = <&uart4_pins>;

status = "okay";
};

So 2/5 of what you need, so don't switch yet.

Ives van der Flaas

Jun 13, 2014, 5:49:06 AM6/13/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Do you by any chance know in what revision the babble interrupt problem was fixed? Was it only fixed in 3.12 or also in other trees (e.g. 3.8)?

abf...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2014, 9:24:21 AM6/24/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I've seen the babble interrupt on all of the kernels I have tried. 3.8, 3.12, and 3.14. I have also seen a lot of vbus errors during the boot process. Could the heart of the problem be the fact that the power filter capacitor is of lower capacitance than is recommended by the USB 2.0 spec?

shad...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2014, 10:38:14 PM8/8/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Anyone know about the patch referenced here? Or any other workaround to make USB usable on BBB?

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/87138

vervaeke...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2014, 8:52:50 AM12/12/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, shad...@gmail.com
Try to use an USB hub with external power. This solved my problem.

zoli1...@googlemail.com

Jan 21, 2015, 2:30:19 AM1/21/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, shad...@gmail.com, vervaeke...@gmail.com
I can confirm, that the issue can be solved by inserting an active USB hub (externally powered).

Zoli

mi...@mikini.dk

Jan 27, 2015, 4:56:43 AM1/27/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, shad...@gmail.com, vervaeke...@gmail.com, zoli1...@googlemail.com

Hi there.

My experience is different, namely that power on the hub is not essential to alleviate babble interrupts. I've seen lots of babble using a specific device (GNS-5890 ADS-B receiver from http://www.gns-gmbh.com/index.php?id=238&L=1) when hooked up directly to the BBB USB host port, but adding a non-powered hub or a non-powered USB-extender between device and host makes the babble interrupts that lock up the musb controller go away. Babble does still occur according to the kernel log but apparently no unrecoverable ones.

There has been some development on the musb kernel driver after the one referenced below by Ravi Babu, particularly George Cherian has done a series of patches implementing use of new babble prevention/diagnostic features in recent silicon revisions that seem to have fixed a lot of issues. The latest v7 of his "Add support for SW babble Control" series is at http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/111365. There is a lot of background information about babble in the threads of these patches for the curious and courageous of you ;).

How and if the patch has progressed into mainline or BBB kernels I havn't checked (but my guess is they haven't at all), and I haven't come around testingit myself yet because our production systems run fine with the hub-workaround.

Mikkel

Den onsdag den 21. januar 2015 kl. 08.30.19 UTC+1 skrev zoli1...@googlemail.com:
I can confirm, that the issue can be solved by inserting an active USB hub (externally powered).

Sina Chou

Jun 11, 2015, 1:18:57 AM6/11/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, jez...@gmail.com
update information
4.1.0-rc7-bone7, use usb webcam logitech c920 to take pictures.
Babble interrupt issues still exist..
The following is the part of dmesg while having the issue

[  349.815873] musb-hdrc musb-hdrc.1.auto: Babble
[  349.820659] musb-hdrc: setup fifo_mode 4
[  349.820706] musb-hdrc: 28/31 max ep, 16384/16384 memory
[  349.821331] usb 1-1: USB disconnect, device number 2
[  349.848235] ------------[ cut here ]------------
[  349.848320] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 1666 at fs/sysfs/group.c:224 sysfs_remove_group+0x55/0x60()
[  349.848391] sysfs group c0a3cfcc not found for kobject 'event0'
[  349.848408] Modules linked in: usb_f_acm u_serial usb_f_ecm g_multi usb_f_mass_storage usb_f_rndis u_ether libcomposite snd_usb_audio snd_hwdep snd_usbmidi_lib snd_seq_midi snd_seq_midi_event snd_rawmidi snd_pcm snd_seq snd_seq_device snd_timer evdev snd uvcvideo videobuf2_vmalloc videobuf2_memops soundcore videobuf2_core ti_am335x_adc kfifo_buf industrialio tda998x tilcdc omap_aes omap_sham ti_am335x_tsc omap_rng drm_kms_helper rng_core ti_am335x_tscadc uio_pdrv_genirq leds_gpio uio
[  349.848747] CPU: 0 PID: 1666 Comm: v4l2grab Not tainted 4.1.0-rc6-bone6 #1
[  349.848769] Hardware name: Generic AM33XX (Flattened Device Tree)
[  349.848850] [<c0012741>] (unwind_backtrace) from [<c0010941>] (show_stack+0x11/0x14)
[  349.848917] [<c0010941>] (show_stack) from [<c002cfab>] (warn_slowpath_common+0x57/0x84)
[  349.849026] [<c002cfab>] (warn_slowpath_common) from [<c002d043>] (warn_slowpath_fmt+0x23/0x2c)
[  349.849079] [<c002d043>] (warn_slowpath_fmt) from [<c01336a5>] (sysfs_remove_group+0x55/0x60)
[  349.849133] [<c01336a5>] (sysfs_remove_group) from [<c03cd4e9>] (device_del+0x2d/0x16c)
[  349.849204] [<c03cd4e9>] (device_del) from [<bf8e20df>] (evdev_disconnect+0x16/0x3c [evdev])
[  349.849286] [<bf8e20df>] (evdev_disconnect [evdev]) from [<c0475ec1>] (__input_unregister_device+0x65/0xe4)
[  349.849329] [<c0475ec1>] (__input_unregister_device) from [<c0476033>] (input_unregister_device+0x2f/0x58)
[  349.849469] [<c0476033>] (input_unregister_device) from [<bf8bb2c5>] (uvc_status_cleanup+0x2c/0x30 [uvcvideo])
[  349.849602] [<bf8bb2c5>] (uvc_status_cleanup [uvcvideo]) from [<bf8b41e3>] (uvc_delete+0xe/0xd0 [uvcvideo])
[  349.849695] [<bf8b41e3>] (uvc_delete [uvcvideo]) from [<bf8b436f>] (uvc_release+0x2e/0x30 [uvcvideo])
[  349.849771] [<bf8b436f>] (uvc_release [uvcvideo]) from [<c049cbfd>] (v4l2_device_release+0x89/0xac)
[  349.849814] [<c049cbfd>] (v4l2_device_release) from [<c03ccf9f>] (device_release+0x23/0x60)
[  349.849860] [<c03ccf9f>] (device_release) from [<c033caed>] (kobject_cleanup+0x51/0x11c)
[  349.849899] [<c033caed>] (kobject_cleanup) from [<c049bab3>] (v4l2_release+0x37/0x54)
[  349.849938] [<c049bab3>] (v4l2_release) from [<c00ee631>] (__fput+0x65/0x144)
[  349.849994] [<c00ee631>] (__fput) from [<c003d561>] (task_work_run+0x69/0x90)
[  349.850036] [<c003d561>] (task_work_run) from [<c002e58d>] (do_exit+0x22d/0x6dc)
[  349.850071] [<c002e58d>] (do_exit) from [<c002ea91>] (do_group_exit+0x2d/0x6c)
[  349.850108] [<c002ea91>] (do_group_exit) from [<c002eae1>] (__wake_up_parent+0x1/0x18)
[  349.850131] ---[ end trace e9fbe6cf6b19f635 ]---
[  349.859582] ------------[ cut here ]------------
[  349.859658] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 1666 at fs/sysfs/group.c:224 sysfs_remove_group+0x55/0x60()
[  349.859681] sysfs group c0a3cfcc not found for kobject 'input0'
[  349.859699] Modules linked in: usb_f_acm u_serial usb_f_ecm g_multi usb_f_mass_storage usb_f_rndis u_ether libcomposite snd_usb_audio snd_hwdep snd_usbmidi_lib snd_seq_midi snd_seq_midi_event snd_rawmidi snd_pcm snd_seq snd_seq_device snd_timer evdev snd uvcvideo videobuf2_vmalloc videobuf2_memops soundcore videobuf2_core ti_am335x_adc kfifo_buf industrialio tda998x tilcdc omap_aes omap_sham ti_am335x_tsc omap_rng drm_kms_helper rng_core ti_am335x_tscadc uio_pdrv_genirq leds_gpio uio
[  349.859968] CPU: 0 PID: 1666 Comm: v4l2grab Tainted: G        W       4.1.0-rc6-bone6 #1
[  349.859989] Hardware name: Generic AM33XX (Flattened Device Tree)
[  349.860066] [<c0012741>] (unwind_backtrace) from [<c0010941>] (show_stack+0x11/0x14)
[  349.860131] [<c0010941>] (show_stack) from [<c002cfab>] (warn_slowpath_common+0x57/0x84)
[  349.860173] [<c002cfab>] (warn_slowpath_common) from [<c002d043>] (warn_slowpath_fmt+0x23/0x2c)
[  349.860212] [<c002d043>] (warn_slowpath_fmt) from [<c01336a5>] (sysfs_remove_group+0x55/0x60)
[  349.860264] [<c01336a5>] (sysfs_remove_group) from [<c03cd4e9>] (device_del+0x2d/0x16c)
[  349.860309] [<c03cd4e9>] (device_del) from [<c0476033>] (input_unregister_device+0x2f/0x58)
[  349.860503] [<c0476033>] (input_unregister_device) from [<bf8bb2c5>] (uvc_status_cleanup+0x2c/0x30 [uvcvideo])
[  349.860704] [<bf8bb2c5>] (uvc_status_cleanup [uvcvideo]) from [<bf8b41e3>] (uvc_delete+0xe/0xd0 [uvcvideo])
[  349.860797] [<bf8b41e3>] (uvc_delete [uvcvideo]) from [<bf8b436f>] (uvc_release+0x2e/0x30 [uvcvideo])
[  349.860925] [<bf8b436f>] (uvc_release [uvcvideo]) from [<c049cbfd>] (v4l2_device_release+0x89/0xac)
[  349.860983] [<c049cbfd>] (v4l2_device_release) from [<c03ccf9f>] (device_release+0x23/0x60)
[  349.861032] [<c03ccf9f>] (device_release) from [<c033caed>] (kobject_cleanup+0x51/0x11c)
[  349.861071] [<c033caed>] (kobject_cleanup) from [<c049bab3>] (v4l2_release+0x37/0x54)
[  349.861110] [<c049bab3>] (v4l2_release) from [<c00ee631>] (__fput+0x65/0x144)
[  349.861165] [<c00ee631>] (__fput) from [<c003d561>] (task_work_run+0x69/0x90)
[  349.861206] [<c003d561>] (task_work_run) from [<c002e58d>] (do_exit+0x22d/0x6dc)
[  349.861242] [<c002e58d>] (do_exit) from [<c002ea91>] (do_group_exit+0x2d/0x6c)
[  349.861278] [<c002ea91>] (do_group_exit) from [<c002eae1>] (__wake_up_parent+0x1/0x18)
[  349.861301] ---[ end trace e9fbe6cf6b19f636 ]---
[  349.861357] ------------[ cut here ]------------
[  349.861391] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 1666 at fs/sysfs/group.c:224 sysfs_remove_group+0x55/0x60()
[  349.861412] sysfs group c0a4ff00 not found for kobject 'input0'
[  349.861427] Modules linked in: usb_f_acm u_serial usb_f_ecm g_multi usb_f_mass_storage usb_f_rndis u_ether libcomposite snd_usb_audio snd_hwdep snd_usbmidi_lib snd_seq_midi snd_seq_midi_event snd_rawmidi snd_pcm snd_seq snd_seq_device snd_timer evdev snd uvcvideo videobuf2_vmalloc videobuf2_memops soundcore videobuf2_core ti_am335x_adc kfifo_buf industrialio tda998x tilcdc omap_aes omap_sham ti_am335x_tsc omap_rng drm_kms_helper rng_core ti_am335x_tscadc uio_pdrv_genirq leds_gpio uio
[  349.861664] CPU: 0 PID: 1666 Comm: v4l2grab Tainted: G        W       4.1.0-rc6-bone6 #1
[  349.861684] Hardware name: Generic AM33XX (Flattened Device Tree)
[  349.861733] [<c0012741>] (unwind_backtrace) from [<c0010941>] (show_stack+0x11/0x14)
[  349.861783] [<c0010941>] (show_stack) from [<c002cfab>] (warn_slowpath_common+0x57/0x84)
[  349.861824] [<c002cfab>] (warn_slowpath_common) from [<c002d043>] (warn_slowpath_fmt+0x23/0x2c)
[  349.861862] [<c002d043>] (warn_slowpath_fmt) from [<c01336a5>] (sysfs_remove_group+0x55/0x60)
[  349.861899] [<c01336a5>] (sysfs_remove_group) from [<c01336c9>] (sysfs_remove_groups+0x19/0x24)
[  349.861939] [<c01336c9>] (sysfs_remove_groups) from [<c03cd363>] (device_remove_attrs+0x2f/0x44)
[  349.861980] [<c03cd363>] (device_remove_attrs) from [<c03cd56b>] (device_del+0xaf/0x16c)
[  349.862019] [<c03cd56b>] (device_del) from [<c0476033>] (input_unregister_device+0x2f/0x58)
[  349.862125] [<c0476033>] (input_unregister_device) from [<bf8bb2c5>] (uvc_status_cleanup+0x2c/0x30 [uvcvideo])
[  349.862254] [<bf8bb2c5>] (uvc_status_cleanup [uvcvideo]) from [<bf8b41e3>] (uvc_delete+0xe/0xd0 [uvcvideo])
[  349.862344] [<bf8b41e3>] (uvc_delete [uvcvideo]) from [<bf8b436f>] (uvc_release+0x2e/0x30 [uvcvideo])
[  349.862413] [<bf8b436f>] (uvc_release [uvcvideo]) from [<c049cbfd>] (v4l2_device_release+0x89/0xac)
[  349.862454] [<c049cbfd>] (v4l2_device_release) from [<c03ccf9f>] (device_release+0x23/0x60)
[  349.862493] [<c03ccf9f>] (device_release) from [<c033caed>] (kobject_cleanup+0x51/0x11c)
[  349.862530] [<c033caed>] (kobject_cleanup) from [<c049bab3>] (v4l2_release+0x37/0x54)
[  349.862565] [<c049bab3>] (v4l2_release) from [<c00ee631>] (__fput+0x65/0x144)
[  349.862606] [<c00ee631>] (__fput) from [<c003d561>] (task_work_run+0x69/0x90)
[  349.862645] [<c003d561>] (task_work_run) from [<c002e58d>] (do_exit+0x22d/0x6dc)
[  349.862679] [<c002e58d>] (do_exit) from [<c002ea91>] (do_group_exit+0x2d/0x6c)
[  349.862714] [<c002ea91>] (do_group_exit) from [<c002eae1>] (__wake_up_parent+0x1/0x18)
[  349.862736] ---[ end trace e9fbe6cf6b19f637 ]---
[  349.862756] ------------[ cut here ]------------
[  349.862788] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 1666 at fs/sysfs/group.c:224 sysfs_remove_group+0x55/0x60()
[  349.862809] sysfs group c0a4ff10 not found for kobject 'input0'
[  349.862823] Modules linked in: usb_f_acm u_serial usb_f_ecm g_multi usb_f_mass_storage usb_f_rndis u_ether libcomposite snd_usb_audio snd_hwdep snd_usbmidi_lib snd_seq_midi snd_seq_midi_event snd_rawmidi snd_pcm snd_seq snd_seq_device snd_timer evdev snd uvcvideo videobuf2_vmalloc videobuf2_memops soundcore videobuf2_core ti_am335x_adc kfifo_buf industrialio tda998x tilcdc omap_aes omap_sham ti_am335x_tsc omap_rng drm_kms_helper rng_core ti_am335x_tscadc uio_pdrv_genirq leds_gpio uio
[  349.863053] CPU: 0 PID: 1666 Comm: v4l2grab Tainted: G        W       4.1.0-rc6-bone6 #1
[  349.863073] Hardware name: Generic AM33XX (Flattened Device Tree)
[  349.863268] [<c0012741>] (unwind_backtrace) from [<c0010941>] (show_stack+0x11/0x14)
[  349.863320] [<c0010941>] (show_stack) from [<c002cfab>] (warn_slowpath_common+0x57/0x84)
[  349.863360] [<c002cfab>] (warn_slowpath_common) from [<c002d043>] (warn_slowpath_fmt+0x23/0x2c)
[  349.863398] [<c002d043>] (warn_slowpath_fmt) from [<c01336a5>] (sysfs_remove_group+0x55/0x60)
[  349.863434] [<c01336a5>] (sysfs_remove_group) from [<c01336c9>] (sysfs_remove_groups+0x19/0x24)
[  349.863475] [<c01336c9>] (sysfs_remove_groups) from [<c03cd363>] (device_remove_attrs+0x2f/0x44)
[  349.863515] [<c03cd363>] (device_remove_attrs) from [<c03cd56b>] (device_del+0xaf/0x16c)
[  349.863554] [<c03cd56b>] (device_del) from [<c0476033>] (input_unregister_device+0x2f/0x58)
[  349.863660] [<c0476033>] (input_unregister_device) from [<bf8bb2c5>] (uvc_status_cleanup+0x2c/0x30 [uvcvideo])
[  349.863789] [<bf8bb2c5>] (uvc_status_cleanup [uvcvideo]) from [<bf8b41e3>] (uvc_delete+0xe/0xd0 [uvcvideo])
[  349.863880] [<bf8b41e3>] (uvc_delete [uvcvideo]) from [<bf8b436f>] (uvc_release+0x2e/0x30 [uvcvideo])
[  349.863950] [<bf8b436f>] (uvc_release [uvcvideo]) from [<c049cbfd>] (v4l2_device_release+0x89/0xac)
[  349.863990] [<c049cbfd>] (v4l2_device_release) from [<c03ccf9f>] (device_release+0x23/0x60)
[  349.864030] [<c03ccf9f>] (device_release) from [<c033caed>] (kobject_cleanup+0x51/0x11c)
[  349.864066] [<c033caed>] (kobject_cleanup) from [<c049bab3>] (v4l2_release+0x37/0x54)
[  349.864101] [<c049bab3>] (v4l2_release) from [<c00ee631>] (__fput+0x65/0x144)
[  349.864141] [<c00ee631>] (__fput) from [<c003d561>] (task_work_run+0x69/0x90)
[  349.864181] [<c003d561>] (task_work_run) from [<c002e58d>] (do_exit+0x22d/0x6dc)
[  349.864215] [<c002e58d>] (do_exit) from [<c002ea91>] (do_group_exit+0x2d/0x6c)
[  349.864250] [<c002ea91>] (do_group_exit) from [<c002eae1>] (__wake_up_parent+0x1/0x18)
[  349.864272] ---[ end trace e9fbe6cf6b19f638 ]---
[  349.875203] ------------[ cut here ]------------
[  349.875271] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 1666 at fs/sysfs/group.c:224 sysfs_remove_group+0x55/0x60()
[  349.875294] sysfs group c0a3cfcc not found for kobject 'media0'
[  349.875312] Modules linked in: usb_f_acm u_serial usb_f_ecm g_multi usb_f_mass_storage usb_f_rndis u_ether libcomposite snd_usb_audio snd_hwdep snd_usbmidi_lib snd_seq_midi snd_seq_midi_event snd_rawmidi snd_pcm snd_seq snd_seq_device snd_timer evdev snd uvcvideo videobuf2_vmalloc videobuf2_memops soundcore videobuf2_core ti_am335x_adc kfifo_buf industrialio tda998x tilcdc omap_aes omap_sham ti_am335x_tsc omap_rng drm_kms_helper rng_core ti_am335x_tscadc uio_pdrv_genirq leds_gpio uio
[  349.875577] CPU: 0 PID: 1666 Comm: v4l2grab Tainted: G        W       4.1.0-rc6-bone6 #1
[  349.875597] Hardware name: Generic AM33XX (Flattened Device Tree)
[  349.875675] [<c0012741>] (unwind_backtrace) from [<c0010941>] (show_stack+0x11/0x14)
[  349.875738] [<c0010941>] (show_stack) from [<c002cfab>] (warn_slowpath_common+0x57/0x84)
[  349.875780] [<c002cfab>] (warn_slowpath_common) from [<c002d043>] (warn_slowpath_fmt+0x23/0x2c)
[  349.875818] [<c002d043>] (warn_slowpath_fmt) from [<c01336a5>] (sysfs_remove_group+0x55/0x60)
[  349.875869] [<c01336a5>] (sysfs_remove_group) from [<c03cd4e9>] (device_del+0x2d/0x16c)
[  349.875912] [<c03cd4e9>] (device_del) from [<c03cd643>] (device_unregister+0x1b/0x48)
[  349.876009] [<c03cd643>] (device_unregister) from [<bf8b429d>] (uvc_delete+0xc8/0xd0 [uvcvideo])
[  349.876105] [<bf8b429d>] (uvc_delete [uvcvideo]) from [<bf8b436f>] (uvc_release+0x2e/0x30 [uvcvideo])
[  349.876180] [<bf8b436f>] (uvc_release [uvcvideo]) from [<c049cbfd>] (v4l2_device_release+0x89/0xac)
[  349.876223] [<c049cbfd>] (v4l2_device_release) from [<c03ccf9f>] (device_release+0x23/0x60)
[  349.876269] [<c03ccf9f>] (device_release) from [<c033caed>] (kobject_cleanup+0x51/0x11c)
[  349.876309] [<c033caed>] (kobject_cleanup) from [<c049bab3>] (v4l2_release+0x37/0x54)
[  349.876385] [<c049bab3>] (v4l2_release) from [<c00ee631>] (__fput+0x65/0x144)
[  349.876440] [<c00ee631>] (__fput) from [<c003d561>] (task_work_run+0x69/0x90)
[  349.876542] [<c003d561>] (task_work_run) from [<c002e58d>] (do_exit+0x22d/0x6dc)
[  349.876579] [<c002e58d>] (do_exit) from [<c002ea91>] (do_group_exit+0x2d/0x6c)
[  349.876616] [<c002ea91>] (do_group_exit) from [<c002eae1>] (__wake_up_parent+0x1/0x18)
[  349.876639] ---[ end trace e9fbe6cf6b19f639 ]---
[  350.323151] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 3 using musb-hdrc
[  351.585302] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=046d, idProduct=082d
[  351.585353] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=2, SerialNumber=1
[  351.585382] usb 1-1: Product: HD Pro Webcam C920
[  351.585408] usb 1-1: SerialNumber: 6FAF985F
[  351.587413] uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device HD Pro Webcam C920 (046d:082d)
[  351.594999] input: HD Pro Webcam C920 as /devices/platform/ocp/47400000.usb/47401c00.usb/musb-hdrc.1.auto/usb1/1-1/1-1:1.0/input/input1

jez...@gmail.com於 2013年8月31日星期六 UTC+8下午11時42分09秒寫道:

Zoltán Sebök

Jun 11, 2015, 9:22:30 AM6/11/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I found some postings about the issue on the internet at different
other places, but I can't remember anymore, where it was. Many
repliers stated, that it's caused by hardware or cabling. In my case,
when the USB cable is too long, the issue occured. But it also occured
on some specific devices without having a longer cable installed. So,
I proceeded searching, and found the solution:

Babble interrupts occur, when EMI (electromagnetic interference)
occurs. I was able to solve my issue by inserting an actively powered
USB hub into the line. But others also mentioned, that the issue can
also be solved by installing a ferrite core on both sides of the USB
cable, as close to the plug as possible. If you don't know, what a
ferrite core is, please see here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ferrite+core&num=40&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CDoQsARqFQoTCOu63pCTh8YCFWcW2wodeUsAsg&biw=1680&bih=930

If your device is powered externally, you sould also set ferrite cores
onto the power cable, also as much close to the ends as you can. The
ferrite cores will damp EMI to a level, where Babble interrupt error
doesn't occur anymore. Proper shielding of the USB cable you're using
is absolutely mandatory, to avoid interference. So I also highly
recommend to use high quality cabling.
> --
Zoltan Seboek

Tel. (DE) +4989 420952369