SMSC95XX- BEAGLEBOARD XM- ETH PROBLEM

Andrea Fontanini

Feb 11, 2015, 10:11:13 AM2/11/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Dear Sir/Madame,

in our custom PCB (100% compatible with BeagleBoard XM) we have a problem with the SMSC9514 module.

In brief:
1) In the boot phase, smsc95xx module are register at usb-ehci-omap.0-2.1 as eth1 (eth0 is connect through lan9221 to gpmc)
2) After the boot eth0,eth1 and usb are fully fuctional
3) sometimes without reason after a day or a week or a month smsc95xx module are unregister and it's not available.(siocgiflag:no such device)

Now how can i force a enumeration similar to boot phase? Have you any solution for restart eth1 without switch off (or reboot ) the device?

Thank you in advance,

Andrea

Software:

Arago 2011.09