Disable boot of SD Card

Jeremy Simon

Jul 28, 2015, 8:13:04 PM7/28/15
to BeagleBoard
Hi all,

I have a BBB and have flashed the latest Debian image. By default it will still boot off the SD card if it is inserted and has a valid boot image on it. I want to disable this behaviour so that it always boots off the eMMC flash.
I understand that I have to modify the uEnv.txt settings to achieve this but can anyone give me some help on what settings I need to change?

Thanks

Robert Nelson

Jul 28, 2015, 8:18:32 PM7/28/15
to Beagle Board
insert/mount microSD:

sudo rm ./uEnv.txt
sudo rm ./boot.scr
sudo rm ./boot/boot.scr
sudo rm ./boot/uEnv.txt

All documented here:

http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:U-boot_partitioning_layout_2.0

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

Jeremy Simon

Jul 28, 2015, 8:24:29 PM7/28/15
to BeagleBoard, robert...@gmail.com
Thanks Robert.
Yes that will work but I also want it to boot from the eMMC flash even if the SD card is inserted and there is a valid boot partition on it.
Cheers,
Jeremy

Robert Nelson

Jul 28, 2015, 8:34:39 PM7/28/15
to Jeremy Simon, BeagleBoard
Then un-patch u-boot...

William Hermans

Jul 28, 2015, 8:39:13 PM7/28/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Robert.
Yes that will work but I also want it to boot from the eMMC flash even if the SD card is inserted and there is a valid boot partition on it.
Cheers,
Jeremy

Jeremy, What are your concerns here ? If you're just worried about the boot flag being set . . .

sudo fdisk /dev/sdx <--- make sure you get the path to the sdcard correct.

a<enter>

Jeremy Simon

Jul 28, 2015, 8:44:19 PM7/28/15
to BeagleBoard, yyr...@gmail.com
Hi William,

No concens. Just want to have bootable image on the SDCard but boot from eMMC by default. Then press boot button to boot from SD Card.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Grzesiek Stawik

Jun 11, 2016, 11:54:42 PM6/11/16
to BeagleBoard, yyr...@gmail.com
Hi, have you ever solved this problem ? Because i'm facing this exact issue myself, and i'd love to know if there is a known solution.

Best Regards, Greg.

Robert Nelson

Jun 12, 2016, 12:00:13 AM6/12/16
to Beagle Board
HI Greg,

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 10:54 PM, Grzesiek Stawik <sta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, have you ever solved this problem ? Because i'm facing this exact issue
> myself, and i'd love to know if there is a known solution.
>
> Best Regards, Greg.

See this thread:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/beagleboard/nIZzqm46ilI

Grzesiek Stawik