RE: Serial Communication Via XBee, BBB, and AT Commands/Yea Boy!

Mala Dies

Oct 19, 2017, 9:21:26 PM10/19/17
to BeagleBoard
Hello,

I am following along in a book, "The Hands-on XBee Lab Manual" by Titus. If you are a newcomer to XBee and the BBB, get w/ me on this project. Purchase the book and we can rewind and retrieve on BBB, XBee ideas, and w/ AT Commands.

Seth

P.S. If you are experienced in XBee and serial/UART communication, jump on in. There is no reason to just make this entire forum full of our complaints or issues. We can use this forum as a discussion board, too. So, anyway. Please contact me or leave a message to this post in the methods you use to perform serial communications w/ your XBee and the BBB. Yea boy! Digi International has a ton of free resources too. You can find them at digi.com. So, get a BBB, a XBee, and an adapter board. Then, we can serialize communications to the advancement of our forum. Oh and see here: http://www.mathsisfun.com/binary-decimal-hexadecimal-converter.html. If you need to convert, there is a free resource.

Mala Dies

Nov 1, 2017, 11:18:10 AM11/1/17
to BeagleBoard
Hello Again,

I had to do some research on XBee pin spacing and breadboards. The "dog-gone" pin spacing is off by 0.54 from XBee to the breadboards. I found a link w/ some already assembled adapter boards. Now, when these items come in, I can start to use the book to perform basic functions w/ the XBee radios.

Seth