Hello World Program GSOC 2014

Florin Maticu

Mar 21, 2014, 2:43:11 PM3/21/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hello World program for GSOC 2014.
Project: Debugging tools for LINUX INDUSTRIAL I/O SUBSYSTEM
helloworld.bin

Dennis Cote

Mar 21, 2014, 6:13:32 PM3/21/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, March 21, 2014 12:43:11 PM UTC-6, Florin Maticu wrote:
Hello World program for GSOC 2014.
Project: Debugging tools for LINUX INDUSTRIAL I/O SUBSYSTEM

What is this? I know that GSOC is google summer of code, but what is this helloworld.bin file? Why is it posted here? What does it do? Who might want it? How do you install and run this if you wanted to use it?

Many questions, little information.

Robert Nelson

Mar 21, 2014, 6:15:52 PM3/21/14
to Beagle Board
It's a requirement of the beagleboard.org GSOC, the user just used the
wrong mailing list.

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/

robert.berger

Mar 22, 2014, 3:55:13 AM3/22/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, March 21, 2014 7:43:11 PM UTC+1, Florin Maticu wrote:
Hello World program for GSOC 2014.
Project: Debugging tools for LINUX INDUSTRIAL I/O SUBSYSTEM

... talking about iio ...

Here is something for you to debug on the beagle bone black:

I use a beagle bone black with a 3.13.6 kernel and would like to get the
./generic_buffer test which comes with the kernel to work.

This is what I do:

echo 1 > /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio_sysfs_trigger/add_trigger

ls /sys/bus/iio/devices/
iio:device0  iio_sysfs_trigger  trigger0

cat /sys/bus/iio/devices/trigger0/name
sysfstrig1

echo 1 > /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device0/scan_elements/in_voltage5_en

./generic_buffer.out -n TI-am335x-adc -t sysfstrig1 -l 128
iio device number being used is 0
iio trigger number being used is 0
 sysfstrig1
---> Could not open /trigger/current_trigger
Failed to write current_trigger file

Regards,

Robert

John Syn

Mar 22, 2014, 11:23:07 AM3/22/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

From: "robert.berger" <robert.ka...@gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 12:55 AM
To: <beagl...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [beagleboard] Re: Hello World Program GSOC 2014
You should ask this question on the Linux-IIO mailing list.

Regards,
John

Regards,

Robert

Robert Berger

Mar 22, 2014, 11:41:15 AM3/22/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On 03/22/2014 04:23 PM, John Syn wrote:

> You should ask this question on the Linux-IIO mailing list.

I am really trying hard to subscribe there, but did not succeed so far.

Regards,

Robert