Re: [beagleboard] Starterware

Gerald Coley

May 18, 2013, 4:33:03 PM5/18/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I would ping TI on the e2e forums. But, don't hold your breath!

Gerald

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 2:51 PM, <llhi...@verizon.net> wrote:

Any word on when we'll get information on using Starterware on the BBB?

As someone who has started worked with computers since 1960 for UNIVAC military with the 1st computers to go on Navy ships for the CIC function let me compliment you o a GREAT product.

Larry

Gerald

Mark Lazarewicz

May 20, 2013, 9:45:51 AM5/20/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
If I am not mistaken Starterware is built with CCS5 and the only way to get this free is to buy a JTAG($79) and use it with CCS. This means adding the JTAG connector on the bone
I will let you know how this goes when my parts arrive this week

ch...@portland-deco.com

Aug 2, 2013, 2:39:50 PM8/2/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Any news on this front?  I am interesting sys/bios (TI RTOS) or starterware.  I already have CCSv5 and a jtag.. just waiting on the connector for adding JTAG to my bbb.

regards,
chris

On Monday, May 20, 2013 8:45:51 AM UTC-5, lazarman wrote:
If I am not mistaken Starterware is built with CCS5 and the only way to get this free is to buy a JTAG($79) and use it with CCS. This means adding the JTAG connector on the bone
I will let you know how this goes when my parts arrive this week

Gerald Coley

Aug 2, 2013, 2:51:17 PM8/2/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I have not heard a word.

Gerald

Mark Lazarewicz

Aug 2, 2013, 5:10:10 PM8/2/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I recently downloaded starterware it said it supports the Black and that may mean they have a gel file as well

The connector is described on Circuitco page requires some soldering and snipping and resistors.

I decided to just use JTAG over USB that FDTI provides on the BB white

I would ask if anyone actually got this working I have no plan to buy the black at this time

-- For more options, visit http://beagleboard.org/discuss --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BeagleBoard" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to mailto:beagleboard%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Gerald Coley

Aug 2, 2013, 7:23:29 PM8/2/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Black just requires adding the connector. No resistor removal or addition.

Gerald

Giuseppe Iellamo

Sep 19, 2013, 2:46:37 AM9/19/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Just to make a recap, BBB site remands to the starterware, so it seems to be supported but the documentation speaks only about the beaglebone.

Is it possible to use the Starterware on a BBB without a jtag?

Gerald Coley

Sep 19, 2013, 10:00:42 AM9/19/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
The DDR3 is different and the PMIC is different. I don't know if it has been updated or not. I am not aware of it being updated. So, having access to the GEL file before running it, would tend to say you need JTAG.

Gerald

Tom Olenik

Mar 17, 2015, 1:21:55 AM3/17/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I found the following worked well on the first try just tonight for programming BBB rev C through JTAG. I too am still looking for instructions on how to get StaterWare to build though.

William Hermans

Mar 17, 2015, 1:35:20 AM3/17/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
UNIVAC . . . huge comparison there. . . considering the BBB would take up the space of *maybe* 1 byte of ram on the UNIVACs . . . or a 10 Megabyte disk the size of a large modern kitchen . . .

William Hermans

Mar 17, 2015, 1:37:37 AM3/17/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Oh, wow talk about grave digging . . . Tom, don't dig up any ore old posts lol just realized the date on the OP's post . . . 2 years ago.