BBB, Android, and 4DCAPE_70T

gmcc...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2014, 4:32:30 PM6/22/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I was able to get Android 4.3 on my BBB with the help of this (http://www.2net.co.uk/tutorial/android-4.3-beaglebone-fastboot).  Everything seems to be working great except on my 4DCAPE_70T from 4D Systems, it doesn't seem to use the whole screen.  About a half inch along the right edge seems to be unused.

Has anyone experienced anything similiar?  I just noticed it, and I don't know if it had the same issue with Angstrom on the BBB or not.

I noticed in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MmWkt_7-y0), they have the same problem.  You can see it at 1:22 in.  That's the same that I'm experiencing.

I guess it's not a huge deal, especially since I didn't even notice it at first...  but now that I know it's there my OCD won't let me ignore it.  :-(

bris...@yahoo.com.au

Jun 25, 2014, 10:41:12 PM6/25/14
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I only got my 4DCAPE_70T late yesterday and haven't had the chance to do much with it yet but it does use the whole screen with debian
.

Keith Conger

Mar 7, 2015, 10:48:39 AM3/7/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I'm having the same issue with my 4DCAPE_43 and bbbandroid.  Would love to reclaim that space.  Has anyone figured this out?

Debian uses the whole screen.

Keith

Keith Conger

Mar 7, 2015, 1:32:24 PM3/7/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
After some more search I solved this by adding the following to device/ti/beagleboneblack/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml:
<bool name="config_showNavigationBar">false</bool>

Keith