BBBAndroid Wifi issues

Nicklas Holm

Nov 16, 2015, 12:04:53 PM11/16/15
to BeagleBoard
Hi all,

I am using a BBB running BBBAndroid in a prototyping project. I have built BBBAndroid and made the changes suggested by Keith Conger in an earlier post (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/beagleboard/wifi/beagleboard/tHXTzJhH_Qc/1dIcYqFlj5gJ).

On the surface everything seems to be working as I can enable/disable wifi and see all networks. However, when I try to connect to a network. the status goes from 'Connecting' to 'Obtaining IP address' and gets stuck there for a while. It then goes back and forth between the two statuses indefinitely.

I am using a Plugable USB adapter based on the RTL8188CU(S) chipset (http://plugable.com/products/usb-wifint)

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Thanks!
Nicklas

Keith Conger

Nov 19, 2015, 4:25:11 PM11/19/15
to BeagleBoard
Hi Nicklas,

Try adding "ap_scan=1" to the bottom of your wpa_supllicant.conf.  Also until Andrew has time to merge my changes.  You can get them from http://development.thecongers.org/home/bbbandroid-bluez  I also have a build posted.

Keith

Nicklas Holm

Nov 23, 2015, 3:43:46 PM11/23/15
to BeagleBoard
Thanks Keith,

Tried that, and also built BBBAndroid from your manifest over the weekend but still have the same issues.

What brand/model wifi adapter are you using? Starting to think it might be a h/w issue...

Nicklas

Keith Conger

Nov 30, 2015, 5:27:48 PM11/30/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, holm.n...@gmail.com
Sorry for the delay.  The two devices I tested were both rtl8192cu devices.  I'm currently using this BT/Wifi combo device: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005QUQPDA/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Keith

Keith Conger
keith DOT conger AT gmail DOT com
http://thecongers.org

Keith Conger

Nov 30, 2015, 5:27:48 PM11/30/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, holm.n...@gmail.com
I should also mention you may need to adjust the kernel modules loaded in your init.<device>.rc file for your device.

Keith