Bharath R

Nov 22, 2015, 12:05:49 PM11/22/15
to BeagleBoard
Hi,

BBB has 2 kinds of booting sequence, as mentioned below:

for second booting sequence which starts with SPI0, does BBB has any flash memory connected to it? because I'm unable to find it in bbb's schematics!

Regards,
Bharath
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

gnu gnu

Nov 25, 2015, 2:52:12 PM11/25/15
to BeagleBoard
I guess thats the sequence in which boot devices are tried... you need not have it present. In the second case which you are talking it tries SPI0 interface, but does not find any flash device there, moves to next in sequence, that is MMC0.

Regards
Nagla

Robert Nelson

Nov 25, 2015, 3:04:52 PM11/25/15
to Beagle Board, Bharath R
Really unable?

They are also on the "usb flash" drive when you plug in the BBB via the usb..

btw, since you mention booting via: SPI0

  • SPI flash for bootloader

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson