Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

deniso...@gmail.com

não lida,
7 de fev. de 2017, 15:20:5707/02/2017
para BeagleBoard GSoC
Hello, I want to participate in GSoC and I want to port a real-time system on C6X dsp processor.
The reason for this is that I want to utilize a full power from BeagleBoard SoC.
The system I want to port is RTEMS. I chose it due to its posix support and ada language support.
I know, there is also TI-RTOS, but as for me, RTEMS looks much more prettier.
I had a word with RTEMS mainteners, they said that projects is OK and adviced me to ask your opinion about it.
So, what do you think about this project?

Jason Kridner

não lida,
7 de fev. de 2017, 22:28:1207/02/2017
para BeagleBoard GSoC
I like it, but are there RTEMS folks interested in mentoring? Would they do it as an RTEMS project or would they hang in #beagle-gsoc with the rest of us? Potential mentors should add it to the ideas page.

joel.s...@gmail.com

não lida,
8 de fev. de 2017, 04:47:1408/02/2017
para BeagleBoard GSoC
Hi Jason

Yes. There are RTEMS people interested in mentoring this. A lot of the effort will simply be focused on the port of RTEMS to the c6x architecture itself. At this point, having a working toolset and defined way to debug are priority. I tried to build c6x-elf on the GCC master and it gives an internal compiler error. That is a large problem for the project. Maybe you all have insight into getting that fixed.

The other is simply understanding how to run and debug code in the c6x. A pointer to that for the BB is appreciated.

--Joel
RTEMS

Denis Obrezkov

não lida,
15 de fev. de 2017, 13:16:2415/02/2017
para BeagleBoard GSoC, joel.s...@gmail.com
среда, 8 февраля 2017 г., 11:47:14 UTC+2 пользователь joel.s...@gmail.com написал:
Hi Jason

Yes. There are RTEMS people interested in mentoring this. A lot of the effort will simply be focused on the port of RTEMS to the c6x architecture itself. At this point, having a working toolset and defined way to debug are priority. I tried to build c6x-elf on the GCC master and it gives an internal compiler error. That is a large problem for the project. Maybe you all have insight into getting that fixed.

I was able to build the gcc cross-compiler for c6x-elf.  Though, I just built it with newlib without errors and didn't test it. In a week or two
I'll try to create some applications for CCS TI simulator.

The other is simply understanding how to run and debug code in the c6x. A pointer to that for the BB is appreciated.

AFAIK, here are two options: using TI simulator or using an evolution board like beagleboard. Also, there is a gdb for c6x but I've never built it and I think
there will be some difficulties with it.
--Joel
RTEMS

Denis Obrezkov

não lida,
16 de fev. de 2017, 03:29:2916/02/2017
para jo...@rtems.org, BeagleBoard GSoC
How did you configure it? What version did you use?

I used gcc-5.2.0, binutils-2.25.1 and the latest version of newlib from their git (I am not sure, I believe it's a 2.7.0).
To configure gcc I used:
$GCC_SRC/configure  --build=$BUILD --target=$TARGET --prefix=$INSTALL_DIR --with-sysroot=$SYSROOT_DIR --enable-languages="c" --with-newlib --with-headers=./newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/include/ --with-gnu-ld --with-gnu-as

--
Regards, Denis Obrezkov

Denis Obrezkov

não lida,
1 de mar. de 2017, 05:57:3301/03/2017
para BeagleBoard GSoC, jo...@rtems.org, BeagleBoard GSoC
I've started to investigate and found out that there is no simulator in CCS (since CSS 6).
And I think I had some problems with CCSv5 on my linux.
Is it possible to obtain somehow beagleboard-xm (to buy it or to get it from community)?
They are not distributed in Russia.

--
Regards, Denis Obrezkov

Denis Obrezkov

não lida,
13 de mar. de 2017, 13:09:2313/03/2017
para BeagleBoard GSoC, jo...@rtems.org
I've continued the investigation and found:
* there is no simulator in CodeComposerStudio 6
* beagleboard-xm is supported by openocd (C64x core support can be enabled)
* toolchain can at least be built.

I have an xds100 compatible debugger, so, I think I will have the ability to debug the c64x core.
At the same time I lack the target hardware. Though, I found a beagleboard in a weird Russian
store, its price there is more than 400$.
Any help will be appreciated.

Denis Obrezkov

não lida,
18 de mar. de 2017, 04:38:2718/03/2017
para BeagleBoard GSoC
Am I understand right that there is no possibility to buy the beagleboard-xm
from Russia?

Denis Obrezkov

não lida,
4 de mai. de 2017, 16:11:3004/05/2017
para BeagleBoard GSoC
Hello, I am now a GSoC student. Could you tell me, what is the best way of obtaining a board?

среда, 8 февраля 2017 г., 5:28:12 UTC+2 пользователь Jason Kridner написал:

Denis Obrezkov

não lida,
11 de mai. de 2017, 19:11:1511/05/2017
para BeagleBoard GSoC
Good news, for everyone how follows this thread: Beagleboard-xm is available for purchase from Mouser with a delivery to Russia!
So, I am going to purchase it tomorrow and it should come to me in 2-3 weeks.

четверг, 4 мая 2017 г., 23:11:30 UTC+3 пользователь Denis Obrezkov написал:
Responder a todos
Responder ao autor
Encaminhar
0 nova mensagem