Week 4 Report

Vaibhav Choudhary

Jun 14, 2016, 4:13:33 PM6/14/16
to beaglebo...@googlegroups.com
Respected Mentors and all my fellow students
This weeks progress report is as follows:
1)I finally have a code that is producing right SPI waveforms(although 1 clock pulse seems to be missing in case3).Initially I was using xor to toggle clock but then I shifted to setting and resetting the clock instead.The code can be seen in my repo.While plots can be seen here:https://github.com/chanakya-vc/PRU-I2C_SPI_master/issues/3.Also updated Readme.Now code can be compiled and by simply following the instructions given there.

2)I have been researching on memory access to the 12Kb shared memory that PRU has.It turns out that the variable stack is in the Data RAM itself,so we could access it by simply declaring a pointer and pointing it to a address in the Data RAM.Also from the ARM side,this would be done via DMA.I am hoping to finish this before tomorrow's meeting(atleast the part pertaining to PRU)

3)I am also looking at RPMsg as an option to send parameters.Ideally,the data could be stored in the shared  Data RAM between the PRU's(to reduce latency) while parameters could be stored in the DDR memory

Namastey
Yours sincerely
Vaibhav Choudhary