This Week - Mad King Ludwig, take 2

Joey Baltimore

May 26, 2018, 12:38:15 PM5/26/18
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
there has been chatter about returning to charterstone as well, but that requires a specific group of nerds.  and the summer of kickstarters arriving should begin in the next two weeks.  i think i have 4 due this summer, 4 in the fall.  i have a kickstarter problem.

anyway, assuming the stars align, who is in for this week?  i believe it has to be wednesday and i believe the game is the castles of mad king ludwig.  let's see if my beliefs become reality.

Brian Reese

May 26, 2018, 2:16:39 PM5/26/18
to bd...@googlegroups.com
In

Sent from my iPhone

On May 26, 2018, at 12:38 PM, Joey Baltimore <joeyba...@gmail.com> wrote:

there has been chatter about returning to charterstone as well, but that requires a specific group of nerds.  and the summer of kickstarters arriving should begin in the next two weeks.  i think i have 4 due this summer, 4 in the fall.  i have a kickstarter problem.

anyway, assuming the stars align, who is in for this week?  i believe it has to be wednesday and i believe the game is the castles of mad king ludwig.  let's see if my beliefs become reality.

Joey Baltimore

May 28, 2018, 12:55:53 PM5/28/18
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
kutch texted from god's pool that he should be good.  that leaves one spot, assuming he confirms.  we do need to schedule a charterstone night again soon, but i'm expecting a shipping notice for island of el dorado which is as close to hell dorado as i'm going to get.

Solo!  it was a star wars story!  pretty good, i think i liked it more than last jedi, but i'll need time to think about it.

Brian Reese

May 28, 2018, 3:47:40 PM5/28/18
to bd...@googlegroups.com
Better than last Jedi? I thought the first half was rather mediocre but then the ending redeemed it for me. I liked it, but it wasn’t “Star Wars-y” enough for me to place it above last Jedi.

Sent from my iPhone

Joey Baltimore

May 28, 2018, 4:33:03 PM5/28/18
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
i'd like to see it again, but last jedi doesn't hold up on repeat viewings.  i'd like to think solo will.

Brandon Lupia

May 29, 2018, 5:14:43 PM5/29/18
to bd...@googlegroups.com
out this week for games

Sent from my iPhone

On May 28, 2018, at 4:33 PM, Joey Baltimore <joeyba...@gmail.com> wrote:

i'd like to see it again, but last jedi doesn't hold up on repeat viewings.  i'd like to think solo will.

Joey Baltimore

May 30, 2018, 6:23:21 AM5/30/18
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
ok.  castles of the mad king tonight, 7:45ish.  I have coors light, if you want something else you should bring it.

we've got me, kutch, and reese at this point.  one more spot.  if something goes south please text.

Joey Baltimore

May 30, 2018, 10:57:21 PM5/30/18
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
Reese and Kutch are mad kings. I am not. Good game though, really interesting tile laying mechanic.

D Kutch

May 30, 2018, 11:06:33 PM5/30/18
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
2 games within 3 hours.  Very fun

May 31, 2018, 8:49:25 AM5/31/18
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
yeah, the one complaint i found on bgg is that the game is too short...weird, i like being able to do two per night.

scythe:rise of fenris is on order, time to turn scythe into a legacy game!

Ryan Foti

May 31, 2018, 9:53:20 AM5/31/18
to bd...@googlegroups.com
Does it turn the whole original scythe game into a legacy game or just the expansion materials?

Sent from my iPhone

On May 31, 2018, at 8:49 AM, Joey Baltimore <joeyba...@gmail.com> wrote:

yeah, the one complaint i found on bgg is that the game is too short...weird, i like being able to do two per night.

scythe:rise of fenris is on order, time to turn scythe into a legacy game!

Joey Baltimore

May 31, 2018, 10:45:26 AM5/31/18
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
it provides for a 8-11 game campaign with tuck boxes and secret missions and such.  but apparently it's also inherently replayable.  dunno, they're keeping it secret to avoid spoilers.

Joey Baltimore

May 31, 2018, 10:49:06 AM5/31/18
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild

D Kutch

May 31, 2018, 6:12:09 PM5/31/18
to Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild
I can see what they mean about it being to short.  Its like a filler with a lot of setup.

Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2018 10:49:06 AM

To: Beer, Dice, Beer gamer's guild