Fwd: Pantheon for WordPress Announcement

Bronius Motekaitis

Mar 19, 2014, 2:28:35 PM3/19/14
to bcs-d...@googlegroups.com
As James would say: WAT?
Pantheon's always been "good practice Drupal development workflow" but apparently are now offering Wordpress...

-- from the cloud

Begin forwarded message:

From: Zack Rosen <za...@getpantheon.com>
Date: March 19, 2014 at 1:13:50 PM CDT
To: bronius.m...@gmail.com
Subject: Pantheon for WordPress Announcement

Announcing Pantheon for WordPress.
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

I'm pleased to announce the availability of Pantheon for WordPress.

All of the power tools professional Drupal developers use to build best-practice websites with ease are now available for WordPress developers, too. No infrastructure to manage. No servers to touch. As always, it's 100% free in development.

Learn more about Pantheon for WordPress here: getpantheon.com/wordpress

You can request access here: getpantheon.com/wp-access

After this initial launch and testing period, new users will be able to sign up for instant access.

Why Pantheon for WordPress

When we built the first version of Pantheon, our mission was to remove all the barriers that keep professionals from focusing on creating amazing websites. There's no reason developers should have to struggle configuring development environments, doing version control, or filling out TPS reports to scale.

55,000+ Drupal sites later, the platform has proven it can scale to hundreds of millions of pageviews, that it can help teams hit their launch targets, and that it can make IT teams sleep easier at night.

Prompted by partner requests and many long conversations with core users, we've now extended the Pantheon platform to support WordPress. Read this case study to see how Alley Interactive is already using Pantheon for WordPress to build and launch big media sites.

If you'd like to gain more perspective into our thinking behind the WordPress introduction, register for the webinar with Alley Interactive on Launching WordPress Sites on Pantheon.

As always, I welcome your thoughts and feedback.

Zack Rosen

CEO, Co-Founder

Copyright © 2014, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:

Pantheon
717 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94108

Travis Ward

Mar 19, 2014, 2:39:07 PM3/19/14
to bcs-d...@googlegroups.com
Interesting, do they have a good rep in the Drupal community?

Bronius Motekaitis

Mar 19, 2014, 2:42:27 PM3/19/14
to bcs-d...@googlegroups.com
I don't know: anyone I've talked to says they're expensive, but then anyone I've talked to who's used it (and I do offer it to clients and on collaborations) says it is worth it. There was something interesting about them early on which is what made me think of them positively, and the fact that they provide a seamless, end to end workflow infrastructure very comparable to Acquia Cloud is a feat in and of itself.

It's free to spin up a dev site (up to five I believe).

-- from the cloud

James Moughon

Mar 19, 2014, 2:53:17 PM3/19/14
to bcs-d...@googlegroups.com
Since I'm a devops purist I have my opinions. As far as a nice PaaS with moderate control they have a good offering, kinda $$. A couple Drupal guys I know like it.