error 22119 while editing via FTP

Jason S.

Jan 25, 2009, 4:31:51 PM1/25/09
to BBEdit Talk
I'm using BBEdit to edit files on an FTP server, and I am frequently
getting "This operation couldn't be completed because an error
occurred. (application error code: 22119)". Once I get the error, I
have to quit bbedit, but then it comes back shortly.

I thought it might have been a problem with passive ftp, but the
option to control that is now gone. According to the release notes,
bbedit will always do the right thing with passive ftp, not sure if I
believe that.

My host is dreamhost, by the way, if that makes a difference, and I'm
on the latest release of BBEdit 9.1.

Does bbedit log its ftp sessions somewhere?

Jason S.

Jan 25, 2009, 4:29:03 PM1/25/09
to BBEdit Talk

Timbo

Jan 27, 2009, 7:03:38 AM1/27/09
to BBEdit Talk
Jason,

What you're seeing is a known problem. Grab a copy of the latest
prerelease

<http://pine.barebones.com/seeding/bbedit-911_2325.dmg>

- Tim

North

Jan 31, 2009, 10:45:17 PM1/31/09
to BBEdit Talk
I'm having the same problem. I'm using a trial version of BBEdit ver
9.1. When I click for updates, no updates are available. I'm
wondering if an update will be available soon from the "Check for
Updates" function...

What I'd really like to be able to do is use the built-in FTP services
to deploy a whole set of files (a project) or an individual file, with
cloaking enabled. I searched in the BBEdit manual for how to deploy a
whole file set, but couldn't find it. And I can't trial-and-error it
because of the known problem above. Can anyone suggest how to do
this?

Thanks, I'm new to BBEdit (moving away from Dreamweaver :) Deploying
one file or a whole set of files with cloaking is actually something
Dreamweaver does pretty well.

- North

Paul Foraker

Feb 23, 2009, 4:05:35 PM2/23/09
to BBEdit Talk
I'm getting the same intermittent error with 9.1.1 (2328). In
previous versions, I could quit, come back and open the file from the
server OK. That doesn't work with 9.1.1. However, I may have
discovered a workaround. When the error occurs, dismiss the dialog,
close the document, close the FTP browser, open a new FTP browser and
open a file from a different site. Close that file, disconnect, and
then connect to the original site and try to open the file. Anyhow,
that worked once. Since then, no errors again yet.