Removing file from project list when not found on FTP

Adrian Bengtson

Feb 3, 2012, 5:29:35 AM2/3/12
to BBEdit Talk
I've added a file to a project window by dragging it from an FTP
window. I've since then renamed that file on the FTP server. Now I
trying to remove the file from the project list. But everytime I right-
click on the file in the list to access the "Remove" menu item BBEdit
throws me a error (kErrCouldNotStartDataTransfer (application error
code: 22160)) since BBEdit is trying to open the file over FTP and
can't find it.

Is there another way to remove a file from a project list without
contextual menu?

(I know I can edit the project.bbprojectdata file, but I think I'm
just missing an obvious way to do this in BBEdit.)

/Adrian

Stephen Karger

Mar 26, 2012, 2:38:16 PM3/26/12
to BBEdit Talk
The way I handle this problem is to rename the file back to whatever
it is in the project file. Then I can remove it from the project
without that bug, and afterwards rename it back to the new name.

On the other hand, if I accidentally add a directory to the project
list as opposed to a file, I know of no way to remove it besides
editing the bbprojectdata file. You have to be careful to remove both
keys associated with the directory if you do that. There's one key
next to the directory entry and one at the top of the file.

David Miers

Mar 27, 2012, 12:49:31 AM3/27/12
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
This sounds similar to the issue I have with saving a file I edit on a project, then saving it to an ftp location...after which I cannot close the file...the location shows it in the trash. BareBones knows of this and have logged it as a bug I believe with a fix hopefully coming in the next update. In my situation I can get rid of it by closing and reopening the project...pita though.