BAPGXIV Invitation, New Date!!

scott roy

Aug 16, 2016, 12:58:37 AM8/16/16
to Bay Area Population Genomics

Dear Colleagues:

The Association of Biology Students at San Francisco State University and the Pennings, Rohlfs and Roy labs are excited to announce the 14th Bay Area Population Genomics meeting!

Logistics

The meeting will take place from 9AM-4PM on September 17th on the San Francisco State University campus in southwest San Francisco, with talks from 9AM-3PM followed by a social and poster session.  (Please note the new date.)

Talks

Major goals of the meeting are to build connections across institutions and to give researchers at all stages opportunities to present their work, so we want give as many people as possible the chance to present.  As such, we’ll have a number of 5 minute ‘lightning’ talks in addition to more standard 15 minute slots (12 minutes + 3 minutes for questions).  We encourage people new to the field or new to the area or who have a new project they are excited about to sign up.

Childcare

We are hoping to offer childcare to folks who need it. Please include your childcare needs with your registration for planning purposes.

Registration

Registration is free, including lunch and refreshments, but is required so we can order the right number of lunches.  The deadline for registration is August 31st.  Please register and let us know if you are interested in giving a talk and/or poster here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Oji0XGmaKHKWJYeGWg-PYix9gtZB_d9zoT34SKlxBmE/edit?ts=57af891c

Everyone is welcome!

Please share with anyone you might be interested in the conference, particularly people who might be new to the field or who might be working in related fields or just curious about population genomics.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the BAPGXIV!

Pleuni Pennings

Aug 22, 2016, 7:03:48 PM8/22/16
to Bay Area Population Genomics
Dear colleagues,

This is a reminder to sign up for BAPG XIV!
All information is below.

Best,
Pleuni

--

---

Pleuni Pennings
Assistant Professor
Department of Biology,
San Francisco State University

Website: http://pleunipennings.wordpress.com/

Recent paper in eLife on how better drugs lead to harder sweeps in HIV:
http://elifesciences.org/content/5/e10670v1