Registration open/ call for abstracts/ BAPGX Stanford / May 24th

Pleuni Pennings

Apr 7, 2014, 10:32:26 PM4/7/14
to bayareapopul...@googlegroups.com
Dear population genomicists in the Bay Area!

BAPGX
Stanford is hosting the 10th Bay Area Population Genomics meeting.
The Bay Area Population Genomics meeting is a great place to (re)connect with your pop gen/genomics  colleagues in the area and to present your work in a talk or a poster.
The previous meeting was hosted by our friends at Berkeley, see https://sites.google.com/site/mwilsonsayres/resources/bapg-ix

Logistics
The meeting will take place on May 24th on the Stanford campus with talks from approximately 9AM-2:30PM, followed by a social event including poster session.

Two kinds of talks
The goal of the meeting is to build connections between population genomics researchers in the Bay Area. We therefore plan to give many people the chance to present themselves and their research. We'll have two kinds of talks at the meeting: "Normal" conference style talks of 12 minutes (+3 minutes for questions) and "mini" talks of 5 minutes. We encourage everyone who is new to the area, or who just started a new project to sign up for a "Mini" talk. "Mini" talks are a great way to introduce yourself to the community, or to let people know that you are looking for collaborators for a new project.

This is what we'd like you to do:
1. First of all, we hope that many of you will sign up to come to BAPGX at Stanford on May 24th. Registration is free, but required. The deadline for registration is May 19th. (LINK to google doc). You can use the google doc to set up ride-shares to Stanford.

2. Second, we hope that you will sign up for a talk. Not enough results for a "normal" talk? Sign up for a "mini" talk. Abstracts may be short and informal.
Your title and abstract (for both types of talk) and the kind of talk you'd like to give should be sent to Bridget Algee-Hewitt (brid...@stanford.edu). The deadline for talk abstracts is April 28th

3. Third, let us know if you'd like to bring a poster. You can sign up for a talk AND bring a poster if you'd like. We'll make sure that the poster session is in a nice area with good food and drinks. The deadline for posters is May 19th. (Same LINK to google doc as for registration)

4. Encourage your colleagues to sign up! Forward this email to your lab mailing list and link to us on facebook or twitter. We created a page for BAPGX here (LINK)

5. And finally, once you've signed up and everything, all you need to do is get up early and ride-share, caltrain or bike to our beautiful campus on May 24th. Come for the science, stay for the social!

We hope to hear from you soon!

The BAPGX organizing committee: Briget Algee-Hewitt, Carlo Artieri, Maria Avila, David Enard, Dave Yuan, Dmitri Petrov and Pleuni Pennings

--
Pleuni Pennings
Website: http://pleunipennings.wordpress.com/