Bay Area Population Genomic Meeting BAPG XI 12/6/14 UC Davis

Graham Coop

Oct 27, 2014, 2:21:22 PM10/27/14
to bayareapopul...@googlegroups.com
Dear population genomicists of the Bay Area,

The tenth Bay Area Population genomics meeting was great, thanks to CEHG Stanford for hosting it. We will be hosting BAPG XI at UC Davis on December 6, 2014, and we hope to see you all there!

We are aiming to have around 9–10 talks, with each slot being 20 minutes in length (i.e. 15 minute talk, 5 minutes for questions), with a good mix of theory and application, and of post-docs and PhD students. We will plan to have the first talk at 10am, and talks will wrap up around 2:30 or 3pm, with a poster session/social to follow. Breakfast, morning coffee, and lunch will be provided. Thanks to Ancestry.com and the Population Biology group at Davis for sponsorship.

Travel options: The Amtrak from Richmond arrives at 9:22am, and the lecture hall is just ~15 minute walk from the station. There’s also a carpool sheet on the google doc, so that people can coordinate ride-shares. We’ll send out links for maps, parking, etc closer to the time.

Here's what we need from you:

1. Register! Registration is free but required, so we can make sure we order enough food and get a big enough room. Registration closes November 22nd. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CNImDxAI1UfJacH7mlfQG4sju1y5Dnqt6qEk09vgsNw/edit#gid=0)

2. Sign up for a talk! (On the second page of the google doc)

3. Sign up for a poster! Sign up as part of registration.

4. Please forward this email along to other lab members who aren't on the mailing list. Folks can sign up for future BAPG announcements at the google group.

5. Show up in Davis on December 6th!

Looking forward to seeing you in Davis.

The Coop Lab: Simon Aeschbacher, Chenling Antelope, Jeremy Berg, Gideon Bradburd, Vince Buffalo, Graham Coop, Ivan Juric, Kristin Lee, Alisa Sedghifar

P.S. the twitter hashtag will be #BAPGXI.

--
Graham Coop
Associate Professor,

Graham Coop

Nov 13, 2014, 3:44:37 PM11/13/14
to bayareapopul...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
        The schedule for BAPGXI is up here: http://gcbias.org/2014/10/27/bay-area-population-genomics-meeting-xi/, we have a great lineup of speakers. Registration will close on the 22nd of November, so please sign up before then (so we can get a head count for food). We currently have over 90 people signed up, and the room we are booked into holds 170. Information about registration is on the website, and in the email below.

Looking forward to seeing you there,