exciting talk lineup at BAPG on Nov 4

Dmitri Petrov

Oct 16, 2017, 1:51:30 PM10/16/17
to Bay Area Population Genomics
Dear All--

The registration for BAPG on Nov. 4 at Stanford is going strong - we have 100 people coming already!

If you are planning to come, please do register if you have not yet as it will allow us to buy the right amount of food.

The registration for talks is closed, but you can still present a poster. If you *really* want to talk please email either me or Pleuni and we can try to fit you in for a lightning talk.

The talks are listed below and you can see that we have an exciting and diverse lineup!

Other logistical details are to follow soon. Best, Dmitri and Pleuni

Nandita GarudUCSF12-15 min talk
Characterizing the population genetic environment in the microbiome
Zheng HuDepartments of Medicine and Genetics12-15 min talk
Inferring timing of metastatic dissemination through spatial-temporal modeling
Nancy ChenUC Davis12-15 min talk
Tracking short-term evolution in a wild pedigreed population
JoshUniversity of California, Santa Cruz12-15 min talk
The effects of Hill-Robertson Interference on rates of adaptive molecular evolution
Michelle StitzerUC Davis12-15 min talk
Transposable elements in Arabidopsis thaliana - population genetics of TE polymorphism
Geoff FudenbergUCSF12-15 min talk
"Chromatin features constrain structural variation across evolutionary timescales"
Moises Exposito-AlonsoMax Planck Institute for Developmental Biology12-15 min talk
Genomics and climatic adaptation in Arabidopsis thaliana
Markus StetterUniversity of California, Davis12-15 min talk
Dynamics of polygenic adaptation after sudden environmental changes
Aaron SternBerkeley12-15 min talk
Approximate full-likelihood inference of selective sweeps using ancestral recombination graphs
Virginia RussellUC Berkeley3-5 min talk + posterTBD
Bryan ThornlowUniversity of California, Santa Cruz3-5 min talk + poster
Transcription-Associated Mutagenesis drives variation patterns in tRNAs and flanking regions
Mikhail TikhonovStanford University3-5 min talk + poster
Theoretical ecology without species
Dwayne EvansSan Francisco State University3-5 min talk + poster
HIV-1 Drug Resistance Mutations to Truvada and Rilpivirine Used as PrEP
Jonathan KangStanford3-5 min talk + poster
Consanguinity rates predict long runs of homozygosity in Jewish populations
Liza HuijseKarius, Inc.3-5 min talk + poster
Plasma NGS-test for pathogen detection