CNC, printer controllers, other stuff

Scotty

Aug 25, 2017, 10:02:56 AM8/25/17
to Bay Area RepRap
Does anyone know of similar groups to Bay Area Reprap with more of a focus on CNC?

Also, I'm curious if anyone has experience or knows anything about powering steppers from a computer connected to a breakout and drivers like in most CNC systems instead of Arduino.

Anyone into hobbyist CNC and other reprap style non 3d printer things?

Anyone have any cool or unconventional linear rail ideas? I like

https://goo.gl/images/BE8W2N

And

https://goo.gl/images/XmXYFZ

For reasons of cheapness. Conduit, steel tube, and skateboard bearings are cheap. Could these types of setups produce adequate 3d prints, do you think?