IGUS Iglide filament

ken.s...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2016, 12:30:19 PM8/24/16
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone used the IGUS Iglide I180 filament? What temperatures did you use and how did you get it to stick to the printbed?

It says to print at 220, but I'm getting poor layer adhesion even at 235. And the only thing that would keep it stuck to the printbed is blue tape.

Thanks,
Ken

matthew bennett

Aug 25, 2016, 11:22:44 AM8/25/16
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Ken,

The Cura profile from Type A Machines uses 275C for IGUA i180. I don't have a heated bed on my Series 1, so I couldn't print very well with the i180.

The G2 hot end does usually need +10-20C, as it's all metal. That kind of goes without saying, as a PTFE liner would melt around 245C... : )

Hope this helps.

-matthew-

Ken Snyder

Aug 25, 2016, 6:44:08 PM8/25/16
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Wow, I've never seen a manufacturer so off on their own product data.  That's 55c off!  The Printrbot Ubis 13S I'm using now says it's good up to 270c.  I'll try it at 260c first before I push the limits of the hotend and see if that will work for me.

Thanks for the info, saves me a lot of trial and error.

Ken