Re: Meeting today?

Bill Seiler

Apr 12, 2017, 1:28:20 PM4/12/17
to Damon Li, bay-are...@googlegroups.com
The TechShop say its open now at 38 South 2nd Street San Jose, CA 95113
I am up for a meeting if anybody else is.
Is there some parking near the new TechShop?

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 8:20 AM, Damon Li <damo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Bill,

You going to raprep meeting today? I still have some stuff for you.

Damon

Damon Li

Apr 12, 2017, 4:19:15 PM4/12/17
to Bill Seiler, bay-are...@googlegroups.com
I will show up if someone can book a room.  I am not a tech shop member.

Damon

Frank Worrell

Apr 12, 2017, 5:48:44 PM4/12/17
to Bay Area RepRap, bseil...@gmail.com
I confirmed that we can meet at the TechShop tonight.
The new location is 38 S Second Street between E Santa Clara and E San Fernando.
The parking garage at 50 N Fourth between E Saint John and E Santa Clara
is free 6pm to 10pm weekdays and may be a good choice tonight.

I talked to the TechShop front desk staff.
At the new location, the conference room is behind locked doors.
They recommended e-mailing their general manager Kenneth (Kenny) Keast.
Here is my e-mail to him and his reply:

Hi Kenneth,

  The bay-area-reprap 3D printing group has been meeting at the San Jose TechShop Wednesday evenings for many years.
At the old location, you even had a sign posted either to let people know about the meeting or to reserve the conference room.
Unfortunately, the conference room(s) at the new location are now behind locked doors.
Your front desk staff recommended that someone in the group contact you
to work out the best way to handle the meetup in the future.
Part of the problem is that most of the people who come to the meetup are walk-ins
not TechShop members or even regular attendees of bay-area-reprap meetups.
I am currently one of the more active members of the group
because I just hop off the Light Rail on the way home from work, but I am not a TechShop member.

So, what is the best way to continue bay-area-reprap meetups at the Techshop on Wednesday evenings?
Do we need to sign up a few people in the group as "leaders" who can let the others in on Wednesday evenings?
(In case it matters, many of our more regular meetup attendees already have release forms on file at the front desk
 because about 1/3 of the time in the past year the meetup has been pushed out of the conference room
 and the front desk staff buzzed everyone into the work area.)
Do we need to broadcast e-mail to the group asking all TechShop members to "sponsor" the meetup?

Thanks,

Frank Worrell

Hi Frank,

Thanks for reaching out, for tonight we can buzz non-members through just like we did at the previous location,  as you said we just need to make sure they sign a waiver . Let's touch base Friday if possible regarding a plan of action for your meetup,  is there a time that works for you? Regarding parking at our new location we are finalizing a map that I will send you over explaining the parking options. Sorry for the brief  nature of my response,  got a lot of plates spinning right now. My phone number is XXX-XXX-XXX please don't hesitate to reach out or text with any urgent questions. I will do my best to make myself available

 Thank you for your time,

Kenny

Bill Seiler

Apr 12, 2017, 5:52:02 PM4/12/17
to Damon Li, bay-are...@googlegroups.com
I'm not a member either.
Chris?

Damon Li

Apr 12, 2017, 5:56:51 PM4/12/17
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com, bseil...@gmail.com
Thank you Frank for coordinate it. I will be there tonight.

Damon

Chris Fulmer

Apr 12, 2017, 6:29:39 PM4/12/17
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Yep, still a member. Also I will try to make it tonight.

Chris Fulmer

Bill Seiler

Apr 12, 2017, 6:43:54 PM4/12/17
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
That parking garage is 3-4 blocks away from the new TechShop.
What about that parking lot right across the street from the new TechShop?

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 2:51 PM, Bill Seiler <bseil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not a member either.
> Chris?
>

> On Apr 12, 2017 1:19 PM, "Damon Li" <damo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I will show up if someone can book a room.  I am not a tech shop member.
>
> Damon
>
> On Apr 12, 2017, at 10:28 AM, Bill Seiler <bseil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The TechShop say its open now at 38 South 2nd Street San Jose, CA 95113
> I am up for a meeting if anybody else is.
> Is there some parking near the new TechShop?
>

> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 8:20 AM, Damon Li <damo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Bill,
>>
>> You going to raprep meeting today? I still have some stuff for you.
>>
>> Damon

Chris Fulmer

Apr 12, 2017, 7:02:29 PM4/12/17
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Bill,
They charge by the hour. I think I will try:
ParkSJ: Third and Santa Clara Garage (The Globe)

If there is not an event the web site says $6 after 6pm Did not see a
closing time.

Chris Fulmer
>> > email to bay-area-repr...@googlegroups.com.
>> > Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/bay-area-reprap.
>>
>> --

Bill Seiler

Apr 19, 2017, 4:15:26 PM4/19/17
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Is there a meeting Tonight at New TechShop San Jose?
I have the tickets for the Maker Faire 2017.

>> > Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/bay-area-reprap.
>>
>> --

Chris Fulmer

Apr 19, 2017, 6:21:47 PM4/19/17
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Bill,
I am sick, but I'm interested in going to makers faire.

Chris Fulmer

Cassandra Brockett

Apr 19, 2017, 8:01:54 PM4/19/17
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
So, it's at the new TechShop location? How is it for meeting newbies to get into, as I have a friend who would like to check out the options and talk with peeps, but not sure if I can make it tonight to show him in (And I haven't been to the new shop myself yet...)

--
Cass

Bill Seiler

Apr 26, 2017, 6:35:45 PM4/26/17
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Is there a Reprap Meeting tonight at new San Jose TechShop?

Chris Fulmer

Apr 26, 2017, 7:06:38 PM4/26/17
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Bill,
I plan on going.

Chris Fulmer
>> email to bay-area-repr...@googlegroups.com.
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/bay-area-reprap.

Revar Desmera

Apr 26, 2017, 8:00:24 PM4/26/17
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there for once, with the newest incarnation of my printed printer that I just got printing. :-)

- Revar

Bill Seiler

May 3, 2017, 5:45:33 PM5/3/17
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Please come to the Bay area RepRap User Group Meeting tonight at TechShop San Jose.
I am trying to get more volunteers to work the booth at the Maker Faire on May 18-20.
I still have tickets left that will get you in for free.  I am looking for people that can bring a 3D printer and work the booth.
Bill Seiler

>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/bay-area-reprap.
>>

>> --

Damon Li

May 3, 2017, 7:48:20 PM5/3/17
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Can't make it this week.   I will able to volunteer and bring printer.

Damon
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to bay-area-repr...@googlegroups.com.