North or East Bay Meetings?

Chris James

Mar 17, 2014, 3:10:35 AM3/17/14
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I'm new to the club but have met a few of you I'm sure over the years at Maker Faires. I'm with the R2 Builders Club.

I'm curious if there's ever meeting up in the North or East Bay? I'm all the way up in Napa, so making it down to San Jose is pretty hard.

Would love to meet up with fellow enthusiasts, share ideas and to see what's going on.

Cheers
Chris

jorwex

Mar 18, 2014, 7:01:25 PM3/18/14
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
I'd be interested in an east bay meet up as well

Jordan W

matthew bennett

Mar 18, 2014, 8:34:47 PM3/18/14
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
I know of one more printer from Napa that would be interested.

Ernest Howland

Mar 19, 2014, 4:25:46 PM3/19/14
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com

We are holding meetups in San Leandro (Westgate Center 880 & Davis) at the omnomproject shop every Wednesday from 4-9pm. Its a bit of a smaller group at the moment (mostly students from a 3D printing class we did) but we are looking to get more. I know it's a bit of a drive still but is east bay. In the same building as Type A Machines. ~Mike

Chris James

Mar 27, 2014, 3:28:16 AM3/27/14
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
would that be you or someone you know?

On Tuesday, March 18, 2014 5:34:47 PM UTC-7, matthew bennett wrote:
I know of one more printer from Napa that would be interested.

i stopped by the Ace Monster Toys Maker space 3D meetup this week. Good bunch of guys and they have tons of experience, and a few shared printers (Replicator 2 and a the original wooden Type A Series 1). I may try and joint, but still hoping to find more like minded enthusiasts in the Napa area :-)

matthew bennett

Mar 27, 2014, 11:21:20 AM3/27/14
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com

I throw 3D Thursdays at Noise bridge in San Francisco.  There is a guy that I know only by his face and email, whom we'll call NiceGuy.  He lives in Napa, has a Type-A 2013 model, and wants to get better prints.  I'm certain he'd be interested in meeting more printer folks towards the north bay.

I'll forward this message, and if anything gets started, I'm sure you'll see him around.

Chris James

Mar 27, 2014, 3:39:26 PM3/27/14
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
thanks. much appreciated.

Matthew Andrews

Mar 28, 2014, 2:40:51 PM3/28/14
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Ditto. I'm in Albany just north of berkeley and would love to participate in a meetup further north.

-Allie

Glenn Beer

Apr 16, 2014, 1:09:00 AM4/16/14
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Usually these kind of meetups happen because of an individual who makes the effort to set a date and reserve a place.

:)

Chris James

Apr 16, 2014, 1:26:19 AM4/16/14
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
i agree. i'm pretty close to starting something, but didnt want to step on toes.

Matthew Andrews

May 13, 2014, 2:12:42 PM5/13/14
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Hi, are you planning on a meetup this week? I'm located in Albany(just north of berkeley), and would love to meet some other reprapers in the area, but typically can't make it all the way down to SJ, or the peninsula.

-Allie