Having a little trouble with a set up

Kendric Ruark

May 25, 2017, 11:28:40 PM5/25/17
to Bay Area RepRap
Hi fellow Repraper's

I'm having trouble setting up my rumba based 3d printer, the Beast by Cultivate 3d.

After doing a little digging, I found out that the board is capable of operating 4 extruder motors at the same time, individually. However, I have no experience with this (First time building) and no idea how to pull this off as the machine is originally designed to operate 4 heads in separate quadrants of the machine, printing the same object in unison.

So far I have two challenges in completing this rig:

1. Finding a way to mount the extruder head that will deliver the four materials from one arm (I'm looking at e3d's kraken as the most viable option) as my current set up is stock and currently is mounted using screws parallel to the  print bed, where as the head I found is perpendicular

2. Possibly finding alternate extruder heads that will take the m6 threaded nozzles I have (I purchased 4 tungsten heads for more corrosive materials) so I can rig the machine to print with four materials.

The restrictions are that I can't use a blender head (like the reprap diamond) as these will be multi material prints (PLA, PVB and ABS) which could lead to jams and all sorts of complex issues with the print.

I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks,
Kendric

Kendric Ruark

May 26, 2017, 12:39:45 AM5/26/17
to Bay Area RepRap
Bit of a follow up that I forgot to mention: my printer uses makerslide rails and Delrin V wheels. So the traditional steel dowel mounts won't work.