Need PTFE Tube for E3D Lite6

Harish Gowda

Jul 3, 2015, 3:37:31 PM7/3/15
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everybody,

While configuring my new E3D Lite6, I accidentally cut my PTFE (1.75mm) into two half :(
Where can I find PTFE tubes in south bay?

Thanks a lot.

jorwex

Jul 3, 2015, 9:13:15 PM7/3/15
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
You could try Grainger

jorwex

Jul 3, 2015, 9:14:55 PM7/3/15
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Actually, scratch that idea.

I don't see anything near the right inner diameter on their website, and the prices/quantities are kind of ridiculous.

Ken Snyder

Jul 4, 2015, 1:15:15 PM7/4/15
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Harish,

I have some tubing.  I don't know if it's PTFE, but I bought it from McMasters and it's been working for me as a Bowden tube.  Let me know if you want it.

Ken

danman

Jul 6, 2015, 1:52:43 PM7/6/15
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
You can try Amazon - here is a link for some prime-eligible tubing that I bought last week (about $17):
Fluorotherm F015084 - 5 Metric PTFE Tubing, 2 mm ID x 4 mm OD, 5' Length, Semi-Transparent

I haven't used it in an actual extruder yet, put it does seem to hold correctly in a 4mm push-fitting

-Dan

jorwex

Jul 6, 2015, 3:00:14 PM7/6/15
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps I am wrong, but I read Harish's original request as needing a replacement PTFE liner for the E3D and not a for a Bowden?

Elliot

Jul 6, 2015, 5:23:52 PM7/6/15
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Jordan,

They're one and the same on the v6 lite.  If you're direct driving, the tube that would normally be a bowden stops at the top of the hotend.  See the cutaway on http://e3d-online.com/Lite6

One of the cost-saving measures of the v6 lite is (I think) that there is only one hotend version.

Elliot

Harish Gowda

Jul 7, 2015, 1:53:44 PM7/7/15
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Guys apologies for delayed response, weekend hangover.
Thanks for all the pointers. Yup, I need a PTFE Tube not bowden.

@Ken Snyder. Thanks for offering it. My PTFE tube is 4mm on the outside and 2mm on the inside. Please let me know, your bowden tube has same dimension and Where do I meet you to pick it up.

_harish

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Bay Area RepRap" group.