Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Philipp Huebner

ungelesen,
30.05.2008, 07:37:4230.05.08
an Bash Commander
Hello there,
I'm thinking on packaging Bash Commander for Debian.

I've compiled and installed the stable release on Debian Lenny.
It working so far, but I don't know how to turn on the two file
panels.
What exactly means "by pressing ^O" ? Is it CTRL + O? Or ESC + O?

Please help, as soon as I have prove that bashc works properly I will
start the packaging.

Regards,
Philipp Hübner

Serge V.

ungelesen,
30.05.2008, 09:16:4030.05.08
an Bash Commander
Hello Philipp!

> I'm thinking on packaging Bash Commander for Debian.

Oh, great, it will be very useful package.

> I've compiled and installed the stable release on Debian Lenny.
> It working so far, but I don't know how to turn on the two file
> panels.
> What exactly means "by pressing ^O" ? Is it CTRL + O? Or ESC + O?

It is CTRL + O. Or just press Enter on empty command line.
You need also set a COMMANDER variable to enable panel mode.
Read http://groups.google.com/group/bashc/web/faq for more
information.

You should have libncursesw5-dev to be installed before compiling
bashc.
Without this library, the bashc will compile with internal libtermcap,
but it could
not use visual panel mode.
___
Best wishes,
Serge

"Philipp Hübner @ SLZ"

ungelesen,
30.05.2008, 10:12:1330.05.08
an ba...@googlegroups.com

Serge V.

ungelesen,
30.05.2008, 10:52:4330.05.08
an Bash Commander
>> You should have libncursesw5-dev to be installed before compiling
>> bashc.
> Now I have installed libncursesw5-dev, but configure still choses the
> internal libtermcap, even if I run ./configure --with-curses .
>
> Any more hints that could help me?

Hmm... Please try to install also libncurses5-dev and reconfigure it
again.
___
Serge

"Philipp Hübner @ SLZ"

ungelesen,
30.05.2008, 17:58:2730.05.08
an ba...@googlegroups.com

Serge V.

ungelesen,
31.05.2008, 04:41:4031.05.08
an Bash Commander
Tested on Ubuntu 7.10 and 8.04.
Would you please send me your config.status and config.log files?
___
Regards,
Serge

"Philipp Hübner @ SLZ"

ungelesen,
31.05.2008, 05:00:1931.05.08
an ba...@googlegroups.com

config.log
config.status

Serge V.

ungelesen,
31.05.2008, 06:15:4931.05.08
an Bash Commander
It seems that problem is in --with-curses option.
Try to configure without it. To check, run:
grep TERMCAP_LIB config.log

Correct value is:
TERMCAP_LIB='-ltermcap'

After compiling bashc, run "ldd bashc". It will output a list of
shared libraries used. There must be libncurses.so.5 present somwhere
in list.
___
Regards,
Serge

"Philipp Hübner @ SLZ"

ungelesen,
31.05.2008, 11:08:2131.05.08
an ba...@googlegroups.com

Serge V.

ungelesen,
31.05.2008, 12:29:2131.05.08
an Bash Commander
> Unfortunately I still can't turn on the file panels.
> The behaviour is the same under Debian Sid and Debian Lenny.

Then we chould check your terminal. What is the value of $TERM?
The size of terminal window is also crirical: it must be at least 6
lines and 50 columns.
___
Best wishes,
Serge