Running barrister translator via curl (no need to install Python package)

James Cooper

Jun 27, 2012, 6:02:56 AM6/27/12
to barris...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

For those of you not working in Python, you can translate your IDL to JSON via a hosted version of barrister that I'm running.  Author your idl file locally as you normally would, then run curl:

    curl --data-urlencode i...@calc.idl http://barrister.bitmechanic.com/run > calc.json

Replace "cal.idl" with the path to your IDL file.  the "idl@" is required.  You may also need to add "-X POST" to the curl options, although in my tests it appears to do this automatically.

Right now this only returns the JSON file.  I may add some query string options that let you optionally get the docco HTML output, and perhaps the idl2java output.

Hopefully this will help simplify the tool chain for Ruby/JS/PHP server installs.

cheers

-- James