Re: Baratine Testutilites gone?

Scott Ferguson

Nov 21, 2014, 5:19:54 PM11/21/14
to barat...@googlegroups.com
On 11/20/14, 1:30 PM, donReeal wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> congrats on the project - I've had a lot of fun with it so far :).

Thanks!

> The only version that contains your junit-packet that ive found is v0.8.0.
>
> Are you planning on providing testing utilities like the JUnit Testrunner in the future (again)?

It's definitely in 0.8.6, since we simplified some of the housekeeping code.

The classes should be bundled in the baratine.jar.

-- Scott

> Regards

donReeal

Nov 24, 2014, 3:59:07 AM11/24/14
to barat...@googlegroups.com
Hey Scott,

all working like a charm by now :).

Ya youre right it's available in 8.x Versions -- its only not included in the latest 0.9 SNAPSHOTS.

I'didnt realize this because lazy as i was i've only tested the versions that you published in your maven repos (0.8 + 0.9-SNAPSHOTS)

Could you upload your later releases to your maven repo? This would make it a lot more comfortable for maven-users like me to set up things and share code.

Regards
donreeal

Scott Ferguson

Nov 26, 2014, 11:05:45 AM11/26/14
to barat...@googlegroups.com
On 11/24/14, 12:59 AM, donReeal wrote:

> Hey Scott,
>
> all working like a charm by now :).
>
> Ya youre right it's available in 8.x Versions -- its only not included in the latest 0.9 SNAPSHOTS.
>
> I'didnt realize this because lazy as i was i've only tested the versions that you published in your maven repos (0.8 + 0.9-SNAPSHOTS)
>
> Could you upload your later releases to your maven repo? This would make it a lot more comfortable for maven-users like me to set up things and share code.

Yep. The 0.8.6 release is in baratine.io/m2.

There are some nice enhancements to the BaratineRunner, most importantly
making it easier to test a single service in isolation, and in the
context of full embedded server, giving it access to things like the
@ResourceService persistence.

-- Scott

> Regards
> donreeal

gut.be...@googlemail.com

Nov 27, 2014, 1:49:22 PM11/27/14
to barat...@googlegroups.com
Hey thank alot,

:). Gonna try it out asap - probably next week.

Regards

donreeal

Jan 14, 2015, 7:05:41 AM1/14/15
to barat...@googlegroups.com, gut.be...@googlemail.com

Hey baratine-team :),

i've tested your test-utils (@RunnerBaratine, @Lookup, @ConfigurationBaratine ) in version 0.8.6.
Everything working as expected - thx alot.

This saves me alot of time - I can test the stuff I want immediately without having to think about deployment or writing a testclient in the first place.

In my tests I found that the exception-propagation did not work the way I expected it to do. I will open another topic for this these days.

Thumbs up for baratine from what I've seen so far - keep going guys :)

Regards
donreeal

Scott Ferguson

Jan 14, 2015, 6:53:07 PM1/14/15
to barat...@googlegroups.com
Cool.

> In my tests I found that the exception-propagation did not work the way I expected it to do. I will open another topic for this these days.

The model itself? Or a case where the exception isn't propagated
properly? Since there are a lot of cases, it's possible there's one
where the exceptions weren't handle properly.

If you're chaining async calls, remember to use the Result.chain method:

public void myOuterCall(Result<String> result)
{
_innerProxy.myInnerCall(result.chain(x->doResultProcessing(x));
}

The chain will automatically chain any fail() exception to the source.

-- Scott