Running in Eclipse

Paul Cowan

Jul 21, 2015, 3:43:04 PM7/21/15
to Baratine
Hey guys,

How can I run the a Baratine project, the Hello example for instance, in Eclipse easily?

Building a jar/bar each time I make a change and want to test it with a browser isn't convenient at all.

Is there a command line that will let me startup baratine and run from Eclipse project directory such that changes will get picked up immediately?

Thanks,
Paul

Riccardo Cohen

Jul 22, 2015, 5:30:58 AM7/22/15
to Paul Cowan, Baratine
Hi Paul

I have quite the same problem, partially solved (in IntelliJ). In the
debug config, I added a prelaunch action, after "make jar" and before
"run" :

baratine deploy /...fullpathtomy.jar

(this only works if, on a terminal, I have already called baratine start)

Then, in the debug script, I have this parameters:

main class: com.caucho.server.main.BaratineServer
program arguments : start

This will make the jar, deploy, then run baratine. Unfortunately the
"start" command will fail since it is alreay started (because it is
necessary for deploy).

Ideally the baratine command line should need a new start+deploy+stop
command all in one ! (or allow deploy while not started...)

So I continue to deploy manually after building the jar... I suppose
that with "ant" it is possible to do all better, but I don't know ant at
all ...
> --

Riccardo Cohen
27 / 29 rue du Colombier
37100 Tours France
+33 6 09 83 64 49

Scott Ferguson

Jul 22, 2015, 2:06:05 PM7/22/15
to barat...@googlegroups.com
I think we need to do some work to make that possible.

The deployment currently requires BFS because Baratine needs multiple deploy directories in the case of sharding/multi-nodes, and also because of the cross-pod lambda/serialization support.

There might be a way to have a dev-mode with some classloader tricks. For example, with a pod-default config with a class-loader that points to the build directory.

-- Scott

Thanks,
Paul

donreeal

Aug 11, 2015, 5:06:15 PM8/11/15
to Baratine
Hey Paul,

if your familiar with Maven try this: maven-collection-baratine.
You should be able to setup a launch config in eclipse that triggers a deployment to your local baratine installation.

@Caucho guys: correct me if I'm wrong :O

Havn't used it alot though. I'm currently trying to automate the deployment of my demo app with it. I'll post again if it works :).

regards
donreeal

Scott Ferguson

Aug 11, 2015, 5:12:17 PM8/11/15
to barat...@googlegroups.com
On 8/11/15 2:06 PM, donreeal wrote:
Hey Paul,

if your familiar with Maven try this: maven-collection-baratine.
You should be able to setup a launch config in eclipse that triggers a deployment to your local baratine installation.

@Caucho guys: correct me if I'm wrong :O

Havn't used it alot though. I'm currently trying to automate the deployment of my demo app with it. I'll post again if it works :).

I think Paul's asking for something slightly different.

If Baratine could point to the Eclipse build directly, then a change could be immediately picked up without the need for a deploy step.

Baratine has most of the capabilities to make that work, but I'm not sure what to do about the pod creation, especially if the build was a multi-pod build.

-- Scott

regards
donreeal