extlib functionality ?

thomasm

Nov 20, 2014, 10:20:31 AM11/20/14
to barat...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

i am trying to deploy a big fatjar (> 25 mb) and i noticed that on some of my cluster nodes this file gets truncated to 16777216 bytes resulting in a ZipException... and the deployment failed (at least on an actual cluster, doing this on an single (solo) nodes works fine).

Beside the showstopper (no deployment possible), i would like to reduce the size of the jar ... .is there any extlib functionality to provide basic stuff like mysql drivers etc in baratine ? I've tried putting it into /lib, but that did not work.

kind regards

Thomas

Scott Ferguson

Nov 20, 2014, 11:48:16 AM11/20/14
to barat...@googlegroups.com
On 11/20/14, 7:20 AM, thomasm wrote:
Hi,

i am trying to deploy a big fatjar (> 25 mb) and i noticed that on some of my cluster nodes this file gets truncated to 16777216 bytes resulting in a ZipException... and the deployment failed (at least on an actual cluster, doing this on an single (solo) nodes works fine).

That's a bug, thanks.

Beside the showstopper (no deployment possible), i would like to reduce the size of the jar ... .is there any extlib functionality to provide basic stuff like mysql drivers etc in baratine ? I've tried putting it into /lib, but that did not work.

You can configure one in the baratine.cf.

  cluster {
    server ...;

    class-loader {
      library-loader path="/var/baratine/lib";
    }
  }

Paths can be relative to the baratine root-directory (default /tmp/baratine).

I'm not sure if a bfs: path would work, like bfs:///mylibs, which would let you deploy the libraries to bfs.

-- Scott

kind regards

Thomas