Kelp/Kraken documentation

pe...@yuill.id.au

Sep 18, 2016, 12:50:56 AM9/18/16
to Baratine
I attempted to find some information about the embedded Kelp/Kraken database that Baratine uses, but the only references I found dealt with a DNA classification system built by Johns Hopkins Univerity. Is Baratine somehow using that software, or is Baratine's Kraken something else altogether?

Alex Rojkov

Sep 18, 2016, 1:41:45 AM9/18/16
to pe...@yuill.id.au, Baratine
Hi Peter,

Baratine's Kraken is a java asynchronous database developed by Caucho
as part of Baratine and released quite recently. It provides SQL based
interface. Documentation on the database is sparse at the moment
http://doc.baratine.io/v1.0.0/getting-started/#embedded-database .

I am not aware of JHU DNA system unfortunately, so I can't tell if
they are using Baratine / Kraken.

Alex