How to add & rotate multiple logger in Rails 4

Loganathan Sellapa

Dec 29, 2014, 5:43:35 AM12/29/14
to bangal...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I have rails 4 application where I want to do logging in remote machine (remote syslog) as well as in my local machine, what is the proper way to do it?

I have used remote_syslog_logger for remote syslog and for my local machine log I have did some manual changes on the gem code, but I want to know the better way to do it, also the way to rotate my local log file. You can see the gist here

regards,
Loganathan
Mob: +91 7760780741 | +91 9944414388
Skype: loganathan.sellappa
ViewMe

Satish Kota

Jan 2, 2015, 2:26:17 AM1/2/15
to bangal...@googlegroups.com

I strongly believe to use linux logrotate for log file rotation… it works well… been using it for 8 years now….