[CONF] Opportunity Scholarships at GCRC 2015

Emil S

Dec 29, 2014, 10:36:31 PM12/29/14
to bangal...@googlegroups.com
Garden City RubyConf is announcing 10 Opportunity Scholarships for anyone who wants to be there, but need financial assistance. We encourage students, women and other under-represented groups in and around Bangalore to apply for the scholarships.

Tech conferences are a great opportunity to learn more about Software Development, craftsmanship, building contacts, extending professional and personal networks and setting one up for a bright career. At GCRC, the selected scholars would be paired with experienced programmers aka mentors, during the conference. If you or someone you know are interested in applying, please read the instructions below.

Applying

This is your chance to tell us how you qualify for the scholarship. The conference is close so we recommend you apply soon.

Rewards

* Guidance by an experienced mentor for the duration of the conference
* Complimentary registration along with all things that come with Registration (Lunch, Free Swag et al)
* Opportunity to become a volunteer to help out the organizing team during the conference ( A clever ruse by the organizing team )

What is not included

* Travel and accommodation. You will have to arrange for this on your own.
* Anything that is not listed under Rewards

- Emil
On behalf of GCRC team.