Jan 2017 BRUG meetup

boddhisattva

Jan 16, 2017, 10:06:58 PM1/16/17
to BANGALORE RUG-Ruby Users Group
Hi all,

We're looking for a host and inviting speakers for this month's BRUG meetup. With RubyConf India 2017 round the corner, this is the perfect time for you to practice your talk if you're a speaker there or may be even if you plan to give a lightning talk there and if you're looking for feedback. Apart from this, other things one could talk(lightning talks are also welcome) about include -

- Anything interesting they did
- Anything new they learned
- Something old and forgotten
- Anything geeky and remotely related to the Ruby ecosystem
- Anything geeky and not related to the Ruby ecosystem, but is of interest to the attendees

We've already got a confirmed talk from Swanand who would be speaking about
"It's 2017, and I _still_ want to sell you a graph database!". He would be speaking about the same topic at RubyConf India 2017 so even if you are not able to make it for the conference, this is your chance to hear from his experiences on this topic.

Feel free to drop a comment on the meetup page with what you'd like to talk about and approximately how long would your talk be and and we'll accordingly schedule your talk at the meetup.

You can use the RSVP link on meetup.com to confirm your participation. I'll update the host and the location details on the meetup page once we get an update on who could help us host this event on the coming Saturday.

Thank you.

Monika M

Jan 17, 2017, 12:39:08 AM1/17/17
to bangal...@googlegroups.com
MavenHive would be happy to host the meetup.

Swanand Pagnis

Jan 17, 2017, 9:19:49 AM1/17/17
to bangal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Monika and Mavenhive, thanks for offering to host!  Would you mind if we scheduled the next meetup at Mavenhive?

Since we announced this particular meetup on a short notice, I reached out to Go-Jek on Twitter, and they confirmed their availability.  The meetup page has since been updated.  So let's have this one at Go Jek, and the next one at Mavenhive.

- Swanand

Monika M

Jan 18, 2017, 11:01:10 PM1/18/17
to bangal...@googlegroups.com