[MEET] April Meetup: Exercism time!

Swanand Pagnis

Apr 12, 2016, 12:33:45 PM4/12/16
to bangal...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We're changing the rhythm of the meetups this month, and instead of the usual talks / presentations + chatter, we'll solve a few Katas from Exercism

If you're experienced, this would be a perfect opportunity to let out a few rants about writing good code.

If you're new, this would be a perfect opportunity to get started on Exercism and to write code that you can immediately get feedback for.

If it goes well, you can take away exercism groups from the meetup, with whom you can solve the harder and more challenging problems.

We're looking for a host for this meetup, so if you're company is interested in hosting, please holler! Like usual, our preference is to someone new wanting to host. We can always fallback to our usual hosts in case we don't get anyone new.

- Swanand

Monika M

Apr 13, 2016, 6:47:38 AM4/13/16
to bangal...@googlegroups.com
Hey Swanand,

That's a cool idea. Let's try it. If there isn't any new host then MavenHive would be happy to host.

boddhisattva

Apr 13, 2016, 1:15:35 PM4/13/16
to BANGALORE RUG-Ruby Users Group
Hi Monika,

Thanks for letting us know that Mavenhive would be happy to host this meetup. Given that we have only two days left for the meetup and since there isn't any new company that would want to host this meetup we could have this meetup at Mavenhive.

Can you please see if you or somebody from Mavenhive could update the April meetup page with the address of the Mavenhive office along with the contact number of somebody from Mavenhive in case the attendees aren't able to find the place easily. Thanks.

Dear All,

This is just a reminder, as mentioned in the meetup page, please note, that the meetup would start at 11:00 am sharp. Request you to be on time as we'd have to split the attendees into groups of two and begin solving the exercise by 11:15 am. Also, request you to come with your laptop with Ruby, Exercism command line client and the minitest gem installed so that we don't spend any time on setup at the meetup. Lastly, as mentioned on the meetup page, please try asking a question on https://gitter.im/exercism/support if you face any issues in setting up exercism . If your new to ruby and not sure how to set it up, please follow the instructions on https://www.ruby-lang.org/en/documentation/installation/.

Thank you.