10 years of Rails + 4.1 Launch Party.

Vipul A M

Mar 17, 2014, 3:31:22 AM3/17/14
to pune...@googlegroups.com, bangal...@googlegroups.com
In 2004 DHH announced[1] the initial release for Rails. This year
marks ten years[2] since its release.

Let's celebrate this occasion by holding a launch party on 26th April 2014.

Rails 4.1 will be out at Railsconf this year. Considering that there
have been major changes from 3x onwards to 4.0 - 4.1, we plan to do a
small workshop, focusing on new features with 4.1.

The workshop will focus on new things like:
- Reviewing ActiveRecord concepts.
- Mailer Preview
- Message Verifier
- JSON Encoder changes
- Security changes like secrets.yml
- Spring/Binstubs etc

Ruby 2.1.1 also turns a page with exciting new features. We'll try to
go briefly over some of them.

Come join us for the workshop and Rails 4.1 Launch party, celebrating
10 years of Rails!

RSVP at: http://www.meetup.com/Doo-Things/events/171528132/

PS: Happy Holi!

[1] http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/107370