Bike for 2 year old

Basanta Kr. Bhattarai

Nov 18, 2016, 12:05:51 AM11/18/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club

Hey Guys..

I am planning to buy my son a bike for his 2nd birthday.. From what I learn, Balance Bike seems to be the best bet.

Any suggestion on brand/spec? I am currently based at Mumbai .

Thanks in advance.
Basant.

vivek

Nov 18, 2016, 6:36:55 AM11/18/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club, Bangalor...@googlegroups.com
I've seen it only with Decathlon (http://www.decathlon.in/p/8349385_run-ride-100-kids-10-inch-balance-bike-white.html#/2928-214-12). Don't know if other brands have anything like this.

Btw, if anyone is looking to sell this kind of bike in Bangalore please let me know. I would be needing it for my son.

Regards,
Vivek

Basanta Kr. Bhattarai

Nov 18, 2016, 8:50:01 AM11/18/16
to vivek, Bangalor...@googlegroups.com

Yeah..i have seen this one...online... didn't see it in their Vadodara store, the last time i visited them...

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

santosh kumar

Nov 20, 2016, 1:37:08 AM11/20/16
to Basanta Kr. Bhattarai, vivek, BBC

No pedals, alright... But not sure what the thinking was when the brakes were eliminated.

Ali Poonawala

Nov 20, 2016, 12:33:09 PM11/20/16
to santosh kumar, Vivek Kubaji, Sharath Chandar, Basanta Kr. Bhattarai

Hi Santosh..
This are bikes for the little riders who are learning to balance, also called push bikes.
Their feet will reach grounds.
They brake by simply jumping off the seat, to stand.
It is transition from tricycle to bicycle !!
So ....
No brakes and for reason..
simplify !!

Ali Poonawala
Bangalore

vivek

Sep 13, 2017, 2:12:09 AM9/13/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hi All,

Thought I will update about my recent purchase of  balance bike from Amazon (https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B074RKGP92/ref=s9u_simh_gw_i1?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B074RKGP92&pd_rd_r=VA51894354WQ9P1KNMK0&pd_rd_w=zspE7&pd_rd_wg=AuvfP&pf_rd_m=A1VBAL9TL5WCBF&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=C32310Q7CK9196SDT6DR&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=a66bc199-b270-44de-9fcc-5cf0a06a7727&pf_rd_i=desktop). Bought this as it seemed economical, and partly because I was unable to visit bike shops to buy it personally after checking it.

While assembling the bike felt good, especially the frame. Good sturdy frame and handle with high quality paint. But am a little disappointed with the wheels. They are of plastic with tyres made of some lightweight material mentioned as EVA. The wheels wobble slightly when rotated by hand, but when you push the bike you don't feel the wobble. Also if you tighten the wheels to much they hold the wheels like brakes. Really not the best design for the wheels. Unlike other kids bike these do not have hub or bearings.

Will update in a couple of weeks on how the bike is holding up and whether I decide to keep it.

Regards,
Vivek
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to bangalore-bike...@googlegroups.com.