nice ~5min video, on cycling in Germany ...

berkeleydb

Feb 22, 2018, 3:41:51 AM2/22/18
to Bangalore Bikers Club
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi5rhaqNtWc

It seems Germany has ~75000kms of protected bike lanes; one of the most, in the world. One can get to most places in Germany, via protected bike lanes. I suppose Netherlands would have something like that as well, but was interesting to know that Germany is up there too.

-{db}.

Praveen M

Feb 22, 2018, 2:21:08 PM2/22/18
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Awesome bike paths here. My daily commute bike path goes parallel to a regional main road and last week when I was commuting back home, there was a traffic jam up to the horizon and my bike path next to it was totally empty, whole path was for my exclusive enjoyment! :)). I wanted to take pic but didnt want to stop.

Arnab Sarkar

Feb 22, 2018, 2:30:36 PM2/22/18
to Praveen M, Bangalore Bikers Club

--
Biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
bangalorebikersclub.com

Alex J V

Feb 22, 2018, 2:58:14 PM2/22/18
to Praveen M, Bangalore Bikers Club
the guy in the video is riding an electric bike.

Alex J V
@alexjv89
Recommendations from domain experts - www.highlyreco.com

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 12:51 AM, Praveen M <pravee...@gmail.com> wrote:
Awesome bike paths here. My daily commute bike path goes parallel to a regional main road and last week when I was commuting back home, there was a traffic jam up to the horizon and my bike path next to it was totally empty, whole path was for my exclusive enjoyment! :)). I wanted to take pic but didnt want to stop.

Praveen M

Feb 26, 2018, 1:20:27 PM2/26/18
to Bangalore Bikers Club

Today (and next three days) it is around -21 Deg.C (with windchill and me riding against quite sttrong Siberian headwinds). Managed to reach work in 45min(14KM) without getting cold hands, thanks to these above, just got them last Friday in anticipation of this weather. They are quite cheap and work! I just put on Lamb wool/leather gloves and put my hand inside these and it was okay (for around 45min to 60min) at this temparture.

berkeleydb

Mar 5, 2018, 6:19:41 PM3/5/18
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Awesome, Praveen.

Praveen M

May 1, 2018, 3:08:11 PM5/1/18
to Bangalore Bikers Club
If someone goes to Italy after 2021:

A breathtaking 140-kilometer bike path
CNN

It's a cyclist dream: a circular bike path with stunning views over Lake Garda, Italy. Part of the "Garda By Bike" opens soon and will eventually connect Lombardy, Veneto and Trento. Read the full story

Dennis Almeida

May 8, 2018, 11:11:02 PM5/8/18
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Each to their own I suppose. France has a good cycle path network (https://en.francevelotourisme.com) and I have cycled a major portion of the canal du midi and canal de garonne paths (route 80) but the constant sameness while cycling along the path is tedious. Of course, many favour cycling on such paths but I prefer cycling on minor roads and experiencing changing scenery, terrain, language, culture, etc. Hence my TdSI taking in 4 states later this year is all about experiencing this melange.

Ali Poonawala

berkeleydb

May 17, 2018, 5:31:10 AM5/17/18
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Tour de South India (I guessed when I saw the post with that name, from Dennis).

-{db}.