Registrations for bliss in the hills

Chidambaran Subramanian

Jul 20, 2016, 11:52:44 AM7/20/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club)
There are just a few registrations. Please help spread the word. The registration price will be Rs950 if registrations are completed by this month end.

Opendro

Jul 21, 2016, 12:57:48 AM7/21/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Have you put in cycling groups on fb? It is actually a bit early. Some people tend to register late, say, September. We can spread sometime in August end so that people will have time to train and plan their leaves.

Aravind M S

Jul 21, 2016, 2:11:09 AM7/21/16
to Opendro, Bangalore Bikers Club
Following weekend Bengaluru Marathon (16th October) is there. Not sure if that has an impact on the registration.

Best Regards,
Aravind

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

Opendro

Jul 21, 2016, 2:47:39 AM7/21/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
That is a good point though I don't think it had deterred people in earlier seasons. Finishing the BITH on the first Sunday of October gives two advantages - it may coincide with Dussera holidays giving parents (specially fathers) some freedom to ride and two weeks recovery before Bengaluru Marathon.

Opendro

Aug 3, 2016, 1:33:08 AM8/3/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
19 registrations so far.

As usual, Cleated Warriors team is leading with 4 entrants so far. Last year had four CW finishers :-)

Chidambaran Subramanian

Aug 3, 2016, 2:23:01 AM8/3/16
to Opendro, Bangalore Bikers Club
Not everyone has confirmed. I need to do a quick tally and respond to everyone. But I do hope the number goes up. I am not riding this year, focusing my energy on running the event.

Opendro

Aug 3, 2016, 2:35:37 AM8/3/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
I'm also a cheerleader this time ;)

Chidambaran Subramanian

Aug 4, 2016, 6:21:14 AM8/4/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club)
Folks,

I have opened it up for registration till tomorrow night. Some of the players have marked confirmed but I've not seen their payments. Appreciate if you could get in touch with me for any discrepancies

Regards
Chiddu
Nine.8.8.zero seven six three nyne fore won.

Pradeep Naidu

Aug 4, 2016, 6:26:51 AM8/4/16
to chiddu, Bangalore Bikers Club

Just curious, why only till tomorrow?
Why can't it be till the last few days.. there is no extra preparations required correct.. ?
I'm only asking because you will get many registrations at the end.. Why close it so early...

Opendro

Aug 4, 2016, 7:38:20 AM8/4/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Pradeep, that must be to avail the early bird special discount fee. I'm sure, Chidu will open the registration again after some time.

Chidambaran Subramanian

Aug 4, 2016, 9:27:48 AM8/4/16
to Pradeep Naidu, Bangalore Bikers Club
Not the reigistration, but the price. the registrations will be open next month also. I just want to close the early bird registration. The idea is

You make up your mind early
You pay up early
Easy for us to cost and plan.
+ Can keep the cost minimal as well.

Regards
Chiddu

Ashok Kumar S

Aug 4, 2016, 9:32:42 AM8/4/16
to Chidambaran Subramanian, Pradeep Naidu, Bangalore Bikers Club
Question from a lazy biker. Can this be done by sleeping 6 hours in the night and riding only the rest of the duration? I mean 11-5 or 12-6, I need to be sleeping. 😉
Do the start time/control timings work out that way? Doing BLR marathon, so may not consider it this time, still the question is to the masters of the route like Opendro, Chiddu and others.

Thanks and regards,
Ashok

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to bangalore-bike...@googlegroups.com.

Opendro

Aug 4, 2016, 11:37:28 AM8/4/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
I wouldn't suggest more than a couple of hours for the first night as the start time is 4 pm and you start out with zero buffer initially. If you optimize the day time rides, you can surely sleep about 5 to 6 hours in the subsequent nights. But you need to really plan your food and water not to lose time if you want to squeeze in 6 hours of sleep. If you face any mechanical failures or punctures or loss of way, it will again eat away your time from sleep quota.

Chidambaran Subramanian

Aug 5, 2016, 2:29:50 AM8/5/16
to Opendro, Bangalore Bikers Club
You can, as long as  you ride fast enough. But as Open says, you need to minimize the food breaks. Personally on long rides, my body clock goes for a toss, so I sleep when I need to, eat when I need to, else try and keep riding.

Ashok Kumar S

Aug 5, 2016, 3:28:36 AM8/5/16
to Chidambaran Subramanian, Opendro, Bangalore Bikers Club
For me, if I lose sleep one night, takes 3 days to get back to normal... :(
--
Thanks and regards,
Ashok Kumar S.

Opendro

Aug 5, 2016, 5:33:01 AM8/5/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
It is not uncommon for bliss riders to ride when not in normal condition. Ask around for a statistics on the riders who hallucinated last year ;)

Ashok Kumar S

Aug 5, 2016, 6:27:41 AM8/5/16
to Opendro, Bangalore Bikers Club
Yeah, Hallucinations and it brings to my mind the name of Ashok T. ;-)