Bike rack for Ford Ecosport

Jagannath Moorthy

Jul 11, 2017, 10:50:55 AM7/11/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hi,

Does anyone here have a Ford Ecosport and has fitted a bike rack- rear or roof mounted on it? Please let me know the details of your setup.

Regards
Jagan

Basker Ramachandran

Jul 11, 2017, 10:52:47 AM7/11/17
to Jagannath Moorthy, Bangalore Bikers Club
I too have the same car and was wondering how to fix a rack.. any recommendations specifically for EcoSport??

--
Biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
bangalorebikersclub.com

suman paul

Jul 11, 2017, 12:16:36 PM7/11/17
to Basker Ramachandran, Jagannath Moorthy, Bangalore Bikers Club

For Ecosport, best is rooftop racks which is expensive. Just came across one more possibility as per the attached photo - have a look at it and probably can custom make it.

image1.JPG

thank you & regards

suman

Opendro

Basker Ramachandran

Jul 12, 2017, 10:22:36 AM7/12/17
to Opendro, Bangalore Bikers Club
I doubt it would fit in, even without the front wheels. I have felt a struggle to fit in with front wheel removed.

Haven't tried with removing both the wheels though.

Sunil Raghavan

Jul 27, 2017, 7:48:46 AM7/27/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club, ope...@gmail.com
Minus one wheel, I can fit my bike in my Figo, (so that should work in the EcoSport for sure) though my preference is the Innova, where the wheels can stay on once I fold the seats.

Sunil

Jagannath Moorthy

Jul 27, 2017, 8:11:25 AM7/27/17
to Sunil Raghavan, Opendro, Bangalore Bikers Club
If I remove both the wheels I can fit two bikes in the back. The one time I tried I pushed the back seat fully forward but will try with the 60-40 folding. That way potentially 3 people can travel

berkeleydb

Jul 27, 2017, 5:58:41 PM7/27/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Something particularly unique, about the "rear side" of the Ford Ecosport? Unless the bike rack is to be mounted with the spare wheel of the SUV in place on the back?

Otherwise, many bike racks are generic enough to be mounted on sedans, hatchbacks & SUVs. I have the BnB BC-6416-3JS rack... have used it with Maruti Ritz, Maruti Swift & Innova. Works well.

It is supposed to take upto 3 bikes, but I think fitting 3 would be tight. I have fit 2 bikes, & that works pretty well.

-{db}.