Medium reach Caliper Brakes "47-57mm"

Narayan R

Jan 12, 2018, 9:34:05 AM1/12/18
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hi Folks,

I am looking for an in-expensive alloy based medium reach caliper brake set "front and rear".
(Used or New)

Please let know .

With Regards,
R Narayan
P.S : Not the local bicycle ones.

Nomad X

Jan 20, 2018, 12:26:32 AM1/20/18
to Bangalore Bikers Club
I had added a post about something similar which the moderator decided not to approve.

On the topic, I have a set of road bike calipers for sale. Stock calipers found on Merida Ride 300 Road bike.

I could not understand the reach part. Let me know if you are still interested.

Note : These calipers have seen 1000+ kms of pure tarmac. Brake pads are included.

Narayan R

Jan 20, 2018, 5:28:55 AM1/20/18
to Nomad X, Bangalore Bikers Club
Yes, I did see your sale. Thank you.

Road bikes have short reach caliper. It would n't work for my hybrid.

With Regards,
R Narayan

--
Biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
bangalorebikersclub.com

Nomad X

Jan 20, 2018, 9:59:24 AM1/20/18
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Got it. You may be right about the fitting. I will measure the reach after I am back in Bangalore.

Nomad X

Jan 22, 2018, 12:43:59 PM1/22/18
to Bangalore Bikers Club

I measured the reach as indicated in the Sheldon Brown's article.
It was 45-55mm.

Attaching images for reference :
Caliper_Brake_Reach_low.jpg
Caliper_Brake_Reach_high.jpg