SALE POST - PURE FIX JULIET 54CM 1 WEEK OLD

yusuf

Jul 27, 2016, 9:56:00 PM7/27/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club

Hello guyz,
I have a PURE FIX JULIET 54 cm for immediate sale .
This bike was bought 7 days back from BOTS . Have used it for less then 50 kms . Have installed a rear brake and a btwin heavy duty stand as extras on the bike .
I have paid 25500/- ( Bill available ) + 700 for the stand = 26200/-
Its literally brand new as the age and mileage of the bike would indicate. Selling is because the geometry is too aggressive for my liking.
Willing to let it go for 23,000/-
Please call or message on 8123312127
Thanks
yusuf

IMG-20160726-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20160726-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20160726-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20160726-WA0005.jpg

Deepak Majipatil

Jul 27, 2016, 10:11:59 PM7/27/16
to yusuf, Bangalore Bikers Club
Nice color. Is that a Fixie or a single speed?

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

Pradeep Naidu

Jul 27, 2016, 10:14:10 PM7/27/16
to yusuf, Bangalore Bikers Club

Why don't you add spacers and change to more upright stem?

Sherl

Jul 27, 2016, 11:02:30 PM7/27/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Consider the following options. Proceed in linear fashion as mentioned in the options

1. Move saddle forward.
2. Get a short stem, 60mm?
3. Get a adjustable stem.
4. Installing a stem raiser
5. Riser handlebar. Might be weird for Fixie I think.

Sherl

Jul 27, 2016, 11:03:38 PM7/27/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
6. Get a Zero Set back seatpost

Ashok Kumar S

Jul 27, 2016, 11:52:49 PM7/27/16
to Sherl, Bangalore Bikers Club
Qn. Did BOTS give you a bike which is totally unfit? Very unlikely as they check basic fit I assume while giving a bike.
Now the issue could be that you are not used to the aggressive position while the bike is of correct fit. In that case, starting of with some relaxed positions as others suggested and as you develop more core strength and get used to the posture, you may want to shift to more aggressive positions. If the bike is of wrong size, I would suggest to sell it off.

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 8:33 AM, Sherl <funwithm...@gmail.com> wrote:
6. Get a Zero Set back seatpost
--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

Thanks and regards,
Ashok Kumar S.

Pradeep Naidu

Jul 28, 2016, 12:55:48 AM7/28/16
to Ashok Kumar S, Bangalore Bikers Club, Balaji J H

If the bike is of wrong size.. I'm sure BOTS will take it back and replace a correct bike...
But like you said ashok, BOTS would have actually given him a right size...

Prashanth Chengi

Jul 28, 2016, 10:18:00 AM7/28/16
to Pradeep Naidu, Ashok Kumar S, Bangalore Bikers Club, Balaji J H
It's a great bike (I have a Purefix too, Tango). The tips from the others should be good enough, to help you investigate if you are going to be able to use it.  Don't sell in haste and repent in leisure!

/Prashanth

yusuf

Aug 8, 2016, 6:59:13 AM8/8/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club

Thank you guyz for your valuable advice and suggestions .
I would like to clarify that BOTS never gave me a wrong size bike and they were kind enough to even give me a call after a week of the purchase  wanting to know whether i was comfortable with the bike. The only complain i have with them is they sold me a bike which had a  big cosmetic damage to the black paint just above the fork which they had covered up with black oil paint . They should have pointed it out to me during the delivery process , anyways.

Actually i have been riding the MY BIKE since the last few years and was bowled over by the simplicity and comfort of the machine ( Have completed a few 200 km brevets on the same ). So whevever i got on the PUREFIX , my mind would always start comparisons with the MY BIKE. I totally agree that the PURE FIX and MY Bike are bikes from different categories.

I am happy to tell you that the PURE FIX has been sold to a genuine bike commuter , hence will be put to good use . As for me i bought myself a new MY BIKE ( and some peace of mind along ).
Thank you once again guyz.
yusuf