Bike Transport from KIA to Bangalore City

Sang Lida

Aug 1, 2017, 1:35:37 AM8/1/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
So in a few days Iam thinking about getting my fuji sportif to Bangalore via flight but my major concern is the transportation from the airport to city.
What would be the best way to carry my bike? I will be packing it in a bike cardboard box.
Should I book a mini through porter or any other suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Goutham Sridhar

Aug 1, 2017, 1:49:04 AM8/1/17
to Sang Lida, Bangalore Bikers Club
Try BMTC buses playing from airport

--
Biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
bangalorebikersclub.com

Prashanth Chengi

Aug 1, 2017, 2:22:31 AM8/1/17
to Goutham Sridhar, Sang Lida, Bangalore Bikers Club
If you can get somebody to pick up the rest of your bags, you could assemble the bike, discard the cardboard box and ride into the city in style!

/Prashanth

Hemings

Aug 1, 2017, 3:13:26 AM8/1/17
to Prashanth Chengi, Goutham Sridhar, Sang Lida, Bangalore Bikers Club
Brilliant suggestion Prashanth :-)

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to bangalore-bike...@googlegroups.com.

berkeleydb

Aug 1, 2017, 3:15:54 AM8/1/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
The KIAL volvos should have space to keep the box, but depending on where in Bangalore you are going, once you get off the bus, you might struggle to get to you place of stay, with luggage & the bike box; last mile challenge. Unless someone meets you at the bus stop.

Might want to book a Toyota Innova type cab, which should have enough space for the bike box. (If you have quite a bit of luggage, then make sure the cab has a "carrier" on top, so you have the option to keep the bike box or some luggage on top.)

If you would like to arrange a cab in advance, let me know. I can put you in touch with a cab guy, who has experience handling my bike a few times (w/ & w/o bike box). He has an Innova with a carrier.

-{db}.

Shankar Shastry

Aug 22, 2017, 3:22:13 AM8/22/17
to berkeleydb, Bangalore Bikers Club
Meh. Just book an uberx or whatever SUV category and take everything home together.