Accident of a friend

Prithayan Barua

Apr 8, 2015, 7:28:53 AM4/8/15
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
Just writing this mail, as a caution and asking all cyclists to keep safe, accidents can occur just out of the blue, without any reason if you are unlucky.
Yesterday a friend, Dyut met with a small accident while returning from office.
His was returning from his office and the incident happened under Trinity Metro Station at 8.30pm. His office ID Card was hanging from his pant pocket, it was the retractable type, but the elastic had broken, so it was touching his wheels. It was kind of downhill and he was coming fast, while trying to pull up his id card, he lost balance and fell on his right side. He has minor scratches on right arm, but somehow a fracture has happened on his left wrist. a part of the bone at the joint has fractured, and requires surgery to keep it in place. Currently admitted in Manipal hospital for the surgery, and they told the insurance for about 2 lakhs expense. Add to that, at least 3-4 months out of any physical activity.
He is a regular cyclist, and cycles more than 20kms daily to and fro from office. He was lucky the road was empty, not much vehicles.
Ride safe, and be careful when riding fast in traffic.

Arvind P

Apr 8, 2015, 8:20:20 AM4/8/15
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
sad to hear that.
hope he recovers soon

Saurabh Mittal

Apr 21, 2015, 11:52:46 AM4/21/15
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
I have had two accidents recently but luckily only clothes have been torn and I have escaped unhurt.