Typhoid, faster recovery?

Sherl

Jul 16, 2016, 9:08:11 AM7/16/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
I was administered a Rabies vaccine for non lethal, no bleed attack last Tuesday (Long Story, Short: A dog teeth just made a contact over my cargo pants, there was a tiny white line made on my leg, no blood after repeated inspection, though I have administered Rabies as a precaution. Now I can't take a second dose till typhoid settles down)

and since then I fell sick with fevers and fevers and muscle cramps.

Blood diagnosis done today reported that I possess Typhoid and the doctor successfully sent me a bucket of Antibiotics for the Typhoid cure as his responsibility. As per his reports this would take around couple of weeks to settle and was a by product of food poisoning.

Now the question is, the Internet being very vague suggests that successful recovery of the Typhoid depends on the diet and now, did anyone faced such an issue and had diet plan made for faster recovery.

I have Leh awaiting in August and I'm in seriously questionable condition.

Naresh V.

Jul 17, 2016, 10:17:57 PM7/17/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Ensure you're taking a lot of probiotics while you're under antibiotics. Progurt sachets are quite good.

Chidambaran Subramanian

Jul 18, 2016, 1:55:40 AM7/18/16
to Sherl, Bangalore Bikers Club
Balaji,

I went down with Typhoid a month before my 8th birthday, and the only medication I took was hydration with traditional 'broken rice gruel' sometimes with mild boiled vegetables, and sometimes with jaggery.  Once I recovered in 14 days (or less) I was given some vitamin supplements to regain my strength.

No antibiotics whatsoever.

Also remember that any vaccine you take is going to make your immune system weak. You need to recover from the vaccine. If you fall sick soon after a vaccine, (in this case you clearly have reacted to the vaccine, regardless  of whether you or your caregivers admit or not )

The Widal test that is used to determine Typhoid is notorious for giving false positive tests long after your infection has gone. You could very well have got a case of mild Typhoid infection in the past without realizing it. And yes, I am stating this from (limited) experience as well.

If I were you, I would not start off on the antibiotics and instead start on a  course of probiotics. Most likely you have reacted to the vaccine.

Regards
Chiddu

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

Sherl

Jul 18, 2016, 4:11:39 AM7/18/16