Btwin Triban 3 Review ???

Saurabh Patil

Jan 23, 2016, 2:49:57 AM1/23/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hello,

I have been looking over the net for reviews of btwin triban 3.

There aren't any reviews of the new white color triban 3.
(Though few talk about old red color triban 3)

I request the group member to give their opinion on triban 3 as first road bike.
And also regarding the difference in the new(white color) and old(red color) triban 3.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Saurabh

Vuppu Satya Praneeth

Jan 24, 2016, 2:26:27 AM1/24/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Triban  3 is a tried and trusted bike by many people. Its a descent bike for its price

Also have a look at Montra roadbikes and the firefox mistral

vivek

Jan 24, 2016, 8:51:00 AM1/24/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hi Saurabh,

I have been a Triban 3 owner for close to 2 years now. It is one of the best entry-level bike there is in the market with a carbon fork. It comes with a basic 2300 thumb shifter (the red model) which does the job.

I think the new one comes with brifters but without carbon fork. The other model comes with brifters and carbon but has a premium over the Triban 3.

Geometry-wise its close to endurance without being much aggressive, but quite good for races for a beginner.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Regards,
Vivek

Hari Krishna

Jan 24, 2016, 10:49:08 PM1/24/16
to vivek, Bangalore Bikers Club
I'm a Triban 3 owner since 2012. Been an awesome ride. I don't know if it can still be called a 'Triban 3', now that it has a Shimano BB, Shimano R540s, Mavic Aksiums, Microshift R9 grouptset, Zaffiros and a San Marco saddle on a CF seatpost :P

Hari Krishna Malladi

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

Pradeep Naidu

Jan 27, 2016, 3:31:46 AM1/27/16
to Hari Krishna, Vivek Kubaji, Bangalore Bikers Club

Do you also ride hari...? :p

Hari Krishna

Jan 27, 2016, 3:32:45 AM1/27/16
to Pradeep Naidu, Vivek Kubaji, Bangalore Bikers Club
That's disputable. Depends on your definition of ride :P

Hari Krishna Malladi

Pradeep Naidu

Jan 27, 2016, 3:33:56 AM1/27/16
to Hari Krishna, Vivek Kubaji, Bangalore Bikers Club

Loll.. I got your answer from previous mail.. You ride then...;)

Hari Krishna

Jan 27, 2016, 3:34:42 AM1/27/16
to Pradeep Naidu, Vivek Kubaji, Bangalore Bikers Club
Yep I'm still a part of the brotherhood :D

Hari Krishna Malladi

Ali Poonawala

Jan 28, 2016, 12:15:55 PM1/28/16
to Hari Krishna, Pradeep Naidu, Vivek Kubaji, Bangalore Bikers Club
Eye Witness to the truth and nothing but the truth !
Ali